New SSDs

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Tal, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Ya I've been waiting for them to come out before ordering my new PC they are the sex.
  3. Offline

Tal The Architect

Pretty tempted to just get one and clone my current Vertex 2 onto it. I bought it as a test and 60GB just isn't enough... The difference when using an SSD vs mechanical is crazy though and this is almost double the spec of mine!
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

<----- Wishes he wasn't a poor student.

These truly do look epic.
  5. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The reviews of the new intel SSDs are out and they get raped by everything, let alone the vertex 3s out next week that are in the OP.
  6. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Look awesome but... This price 0o
  7. Offline

Tal The Architect

[IMG]

User benchmark on a Vertex 3 on a p67 board - looking pretty damn nice !! These are the sort of speeds you may be experiencing Shanto :p
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

9. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

I'm thinking about upgradin my current intel 120gb to this one

Is there a better ssd/capacity performance wise who will be released soon ?
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

nope all the recent ones that have been released have lower speeds for their smaller capacity versions.
  11. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

This one seems faster; not sure if it worth it tho
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

They kinda push the SATA speeds, you probably need a Serial ATA-600 interface to fully benifit from the speeds. Really only on the newest motherboards afaik.
  13. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

You're correct, my p6t deluxe v2 already feels old compared to the latest mobo. Guess i would need this addon on top of it to avoid saturation.