New Mouse

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Aspira, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

With Christmas coming I am thinking about getting a new mouse and looking for reviews/suggestions.

Last mouse I bought was a tteSports black which cost like 30 quid and has been amazing.

I always fancied a Logitech g9x however, but never got it due to online reviews saying that you need small hands for it to be comfortable. So, does anyone use this mouse ? Is it comfy ? Do you have girl hands ?

Also open to any recommendations on mice, however I am not interested in a MMO mouse (Naga style) as I have one already.

The mouse is for MOBA and general use, not MMO.
  2. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

For anything other than MMO I use Steelseries Kinzu v2 pro - they're decent mouse, has a built in gradient sensitivity, non expensive £30 (if that matters), 3200 odd dpi, come in pretty sweet colours (mine's yellow D: ) and best of all IdRa uses one...! although that might have put you off it....
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I found 'MMO' mouse really useful in MOBA games as binding some items to mouse buttons really helps, so you may take a look at Logitech G600.

Never used this mouse but from what i can see from reviews its pretty small as its shorter than NAGA but its pretty wide with grip on. I would tell you go to any shop that has this mouse and see if you like it or not. It's same as NAGA, some ppl love it and other hate it.

From my experience I would recommend to stick to Logitech mouses. Good price for quality.
  4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Lots of buttons : Logitec G600

Cheap & some functionality : Sharkoon Fireglider
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Mircosoft mouse always a safe bet, nice colour too.

[IMG]
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I can't speak for the G9XX series, but I plan to one day wed my G500 and with have a funeral for it if it ever dies.

I'd stear clear of Steelseries products, their life expectancy is basically nothing
  7. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

If you man handle them like a F&*^%ing gorilla then yes. For other people then they're fine :p
  8. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Sorry but SS is like worst shit ever. Pretty much any 'Gaming Stuff' suck balls.
  9. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Im playing with the G9x and i can say its a very comfortable mouse to use. I felt worried since the mouse is smaller then my previous mouse (G5) but since its wide, i can say im very pleased with it.
    I met girls with hands bigger than mine so not sure what to say about that :p but i heard may times i have the hands of a pianist (as in long slim fingers) ;)
  10. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Then that crosses Logitech off the list too, some of their stuff is actually quite decent, just happens sometimes stuff break faster than they really should because people think chucking stuff around is fine.
  11. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I've been using for the last 10 years the logitech mx518. Perfect fit for my hand (big hand!) and enough customizable buttons for my playing style. It's also still an extremely popular mouse, despite its age. Have a look :)
  12. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Logitechs mice are really well made though, and even though they are marketed as "gaming", they are surprisingly decent and not loaded with pointless crap (ie. Razer mice). Logitech keyboards on the other hand...... no thanks.
  14. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Almost 10 years with the same mouse, works absolutely perfectly still...and I'm one picky fucker.
  15. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my logitech stuff will outlive me at this point :(
  16. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

is that a heavily attention seeking post because you're actually dying or you're sad for some unexplainable reason because you've bought well made electronics that will last 70-90 years?

not sure if I'm understanding either option.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I still have my mx500 and 510 in full working order, logitech mice just don't break, I agree with you on that. Just their keyboards that I have had problems with (both breaking and general shitness). I have a g5x also but didn't like the feel of it. I gave up using my naga because it was too small and I don't really play MMO's much anymore. I don't use my deathadder either because it just feels really cheap, sort of like if I click it violently it would snap in two (yea, I have grown to hate Razer products).

The only mouse I own currently that I like the feel of is the tteSports Black and the only reason I am tempted to change is because its Christmas and I can get someone to get me one for free and I always really wanted a Logitech g9x, however was always put off by the comments saying you need to have small girly hands (or be a Korean progamer) to actually have it fit your hand.

TteSports Black is this one just so people know my preference on size and buttons etc.....

[IMG]

It's a very simple mouse with only one thumb button. It just is a perfect size and weight to use, I just fancy a change is all (I think I am a mouse collector).
  18. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Any mouse with White-Ra on the box gets my vote :)

Really though, if you're bothered about the size on the G9X I can't recommend the G500 enough. The size and matte-finish are perfect and the custom weights are nice too.
  19. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Haha this is what happens when I leave you to play lol for a few months. Astarael the cynical! :)
  20. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

That the Hoff's mouse?

[IMG]