new monitor

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Mizou, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Mizou Community Member

heya so my old tft flat screen 19 inch monitor gave up over night, woke up, turned pc on and nothing but black on my secondary monitor... since i found out the 19 inch is way too small anyways this isnt too bad.

i would like to ask u if u know any good and cheap 24 inch monitors, or is 21 inch even enouph to get like 1900 resulution ? im pretty much a big noob in those terms and would like to get some help :)

in germany we got some pages for like cheaper offers but before i use that kind of stuff i would first like to know what is good or not, right now i still have my 19 inch iiyama, was cheap but the colours are meh and also i never use the speakers from it...

any help is welcome :) it should not cost more then 400 euro, better would be 150 :p but usually pc hardware should last 2-5 years for me espacially monitors. ah this one would be my new main while i switch the iiyama to the left side for like movies/parser/browsers....

thanks

it looks like this
    Samsung SyncMaster B2230H is the cheapest but any good ?

nm that one got 5ms reaction time ffs

http://www.beamer.de/monitor-pc-bis...billiger&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=billiger
    this one got 2ms and is 24inch for 200euro ... ?!?
  2. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Atleast based on the product notes it seems like there isn't any dvi-cable sent with the monitors.
    And from my own experiences from buying in this price class you won't get the best. Will Probably have a few issues but usually nothing mayor.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Buy the Iiyama one I told you to buy !!!
  4. Offline

Mizou Community Member

ketz and aspira helped me, i bought a iiyama again, the one im using atm is iiyama as well.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236642

cables wont be a problem, i have like 20 of each type even for audio and other stuff :)
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

All I can say is that if you play in the dark or even in a room with dim lighting, turn economy mode ON or else the LED back-lighting will burn your eyes out of your face.
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

my eyes are allready burned out, sunglasses ftw
  7. Offline

Tal The Architect

I think I was an early adopter in the LED screen market. I have an Acer 24" LED screen and I can honestly say I don't like it.

Hopefully there have been some major improvements because everything just has a blue tint.
  8. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

i have a 1920x1080 led monitor at home, pretty cool...
    Honestly for monitor's you're better of going to an actual store and look at the models lit there.. Also, buying on the store gives you an advantage: you can ask them to turn on the monitor and check for dead pixels, something that you can't do if you order from the internet.
  9. Offline

Mizou Community Member

u can send stuff back for 2 weeks when ordered online specter

u could actually wear underwear, shit in it and they have to take it back smelling and so on... oh wait we where talking about monitors
  10. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Hanns G 28" is the best monitor you can buy, < £250 now and good quality.
  11. Offline

Tal The Architect

For most things yeah. Unfortunately for you Mizou.... underwear, earrings etc are exempt due to hygiene reasons - sorry :p
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

@Tal - no blue tints on mine. Might be the technology has advanced a little, although I do play with the LED backlighting turned down quite a bit from "full power" setting it has as standard. On full it's like looking at the surface of the sun.
  13. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i think i will be blind soon thanks to aspira and ketz....