New Monitor - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Gurtholfin, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Dell Ultrasharps have the quality of display of LG (but higher resolution) and a build quality which is higher than iiyamas... so yes, I definately recommend them.
    Also, the 8ms response is pretty true to RL, as they don't tend to artificially decrease it for the sake of sales pitches. 8ms real response time is actually pretty damn good.
  2. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Bumping this thread, I didn't manage to get the second monitor but I wanna, even more when my old ASUS MK21somethingsomething is getting... old.
    Any new suggestions?
  3. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

4. Offline

adagio Moderator

Dont know if its my phone using mobile amazon but that monitor doesn't show a refresh rate. I have something stuck in my mind that a few 4k monitors were stuck at 30hz when they first started appearing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  5. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

60Hz refresh rate at 3840×2160 resolution using its DisplayPort input
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I will have had my dual Iiyama Prolite E2472HD setup for almost 3 years and have had no problems with them.

I personally wouldn't buy any other brand because the value for money has been insane for the quality of the product.
  7. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

The thing is I've never seen Iiyama phisically selling in my country (Portugal) and I'm not very confident on ordering a monitor to be sent through mail - guess I'll have to though -_-

What does the lettering means in the beggining? The HD in the end is obvious, but i'm not getting the meaning of the letter before the size of the screen (e27..., b24..., t24...)
    http://www.pixmania.pt/informatica/monitor-iiyama/259-xx-xx-topsellers-desc-2-10-page-1899-m.html

Got it: http://www.cclonline.com/article/148/Guide/Monitors/What-do-Iiyama-model-numbers-mean-/
  9. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

10. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

In the end its all about how much money you wish to spend and if you value the money or the brand... one lesson to learn here is, if it says "gaming" usually translates to overpriced.
    In this particular example, the ASUS 24" is 60€ more than the Iiyama 27" Gurth linked earlier.
    I'm not saying they are technically the same, the question is if the technical differences are worth the extra 60€ for a smaller screen?
  11. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

If I had to buy a new screen tomorrow he would be in the top 5 for sure. Great spec and all but I just hate gloss black, Im so used to mat black because you dont see the reflection of other peripherial such as keyboard or jostick backlighting on the screen frame.

Screen size topic already been discussed - 27 + is way too big for serious FPS gamers unless you have 3 eyes - yet is is still acceptable for some =o
  12. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

i bought the asus. hopefully its ok, cant get much worse than the uber crap hp im using now :p
  13. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Fallanx I know, was just making a point.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have to agree. Any bigger and its like sitting in the front row at the IMAX.
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Yup, 22-24 is the ideal for <1m away imho.
  16. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Well Fizzee has it on the head here.... it depends how far away you are. I just bought a 55 inch tv and thought it would be huge.... but sitting far enough away it's about right. Since I got the 27 inch monitor I've never once thought 'This is a bit big'. Where the size shines is when you're doing other stuff not necessarily games related.
  17. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

Soo.... 3years later. What monitors are ppl rocking these days? Im looking for a new monitor and all i see is UBERLEET GAMUR monitor allover the place, they any good? Or just massive moneydumps.
    I need a decent monitor for gamig, dont really want to spend more than 350e on it. Any suggestions?
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

depends on what screen res you are after
  19. Offline

Lunawolfy Veteran BOON

What he said, you've got two options, high res 'low' Hz, or 'low' res high Hz. 350 euro should be able to net you an entry level 4k monitor at 60hz from a reputable brand.

350 euro could also get you a 144hz 1080p monitor.

Please don't buy a curved monitor ;)

Brand wise they're all rock solid these days, Iiyama is probably the top name in the super high refresh monitors. At 4k LG, Samsung and Dell make the best screens with highest colour accuracy etc, however they're not in budget.

FreeSync/GSync I've never used so frankly unable to comment :)

Don't buy anything bigger than 24" @1080p -- Starts looking real shit real quick.