New Monitor - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Gurtholfin, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Offline

Angelo Community Member

To be honest, Even though you could get a Dell it's a lot of money, the LG Fizzee linked looks really good and at that price you could get 3 for the price of the dell.
  2. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Aye only problem is that I don't see it on sale in those two companies. I'll check if there are any other companies - if I could get the LG I'd probably just go for that.
  3. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Benq Xl2420t all the way, bought one at the end of last summer, beautiful beautiful purchase - 120hz, low response time, it's a great gaming monitor. And 120hz has never given me any tearing issues.

A decent IPS monitor will cost you well over £500, bit of a waste unless you do a lot of editing and stuff on your computer. And trust me, you will suffer from ghosting on most IPS monitors, which is possibly the most annoying thing you can get on a monitor :L (besides random dead pixels)
  4. Offline

Angelo Community Member

The Benq is really nice, but what the hell is up with the price? I saw it last year for half of what it is now.
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I don't know what year you're living in Selenus, but decent IPS panels do not cost over £500, and Ghosting is only present on the slow response times(8ms). Decent IPS screens are available with 5ms for between £150 & £300 (22-27").

And again, there is absolutely no reason to spend the extra money for a 120hz monitor when it will give you no benefit unless you are 3d gaming, and potentially give you drawbacks such as tearing and unless you use a dual link DVI you will get horrible fuzziness in windows unless you use it in 60hz mode... at which point, why bother with the 120hz monitor.
  6. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

When I bought this benq last year all the 24" IPS monitors with low response times / good reviews were £300+ . This benq cost me £210 with free delivery. So prices might have changed since last year.
  7. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

Ive got the Dell 2412M previously linked in the thread and its a really good monitor. Also got an old 21'' as a 2nd but planning on replacing it with another
    2412M soon :p
  8. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

BenQ XL2411T 24" - 120 mhz - 1ms - mat black - fully configurable stand - 3d ready - pretty cheap too -
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

10. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

I would avoid 27", its way too big for proper gaming.
  11. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Why would it spoil the experience with a bigger monitor?
    Im playing on my 55" LCD TV, and its awsome in FPS games tbh.
  12. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

hahaha keep tellin yourself that, easy frag )
  13. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Nice retoric comback without any facts at all.

If you wanna be a douche then fine, be that way, but without any solid evidence backing your "haha you dont know stuff" post, then I suggest you refrain from posting instead.
  14. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

There is a common notion called "tunnel vision" , especially when it comes to gaming. Basically you eyes can only focus on a specific area of the monitor and you lose peripheral vision. This is why 24" and 27" are the most common sizes.
    Bigger than that and you will have to put your screen further than arm's length and therefore see less details. Or leave it close and move your head, you'll get fragged eitherway.

Of course you can play on a LCD TV 2 meters away or even with a projector if you have the room and budget. It looks awesome, but while you enjoy the scenery i will take your dogtag. To illustrate this, Here is a pic of my setup to fly in ArmA3; come get some :)

[IMG]
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Thats a pro gramer right there folks, Winner! :D
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I still kill him 1v1, while helpingthe kids with homework and cooking the tea
  17. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Is your right hand screen 24"? Looks really small but could be due just due to all your gear on the desk and it being pulled back.

Nice setup anyway, anything over 24/27" for FPS is a no go as you've said, for MMOs sure.
  18. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Right monitor is a 23.6 without speakers so it looks way smaller than the left one indeed, its also further away from where i stand.
  19. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes thought so, my 24" Benq just looked massive in comparison to it.
  20. Offline

Jinx Community Member

... and my mom told I am spending too much money for PC rig >.>... especially keyboard and mouse - 20 euros <.< ...