WvWvW New borderlands maps

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Ephiria, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Offline

Ephiria Veteran BOON

Presentation of the new borderlands maps.

2. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Rubi!!!!
  3. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

too bad its a year late
  4. Offline

Kilrathian Veteran BOON

The ram mastery actually got me more interested tbh. A 50% dmg reduction on a warrior with 3.5k+ armor and 25k+ hp and regen... If you get healed you will be able to tank multiple carts no problem... Kinda makes me think how do you defend against that if you don't have the numbers to rush down the rams
  5. Offline

Mattfs Community Member

Go outside the gate and kill the ram?
  6. Offline

Paran Community Member

/sign or place 6 superior acs and the rams get melt.
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Why stop there? Get 20 omegas on the battlements and melt the ram from range.
  8. Offline

Paran Community Member

No pls. Build a few trebs and and shot the gate with aoe dmg. Then place a few acs on the wall with players which use the windows mode and everything is fine.
  9. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Anyone still playing?
  10. Offline

Law Community Member

Kidding right?
  11. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Nope, genuinely curious.

Wondering how many are playing and if anyone can sum up the changes in the past few months aside form the maps.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

i've been playing the occasional evening with Afterlife.
    I don't intend on getting back into it big time, but a night or two a week is fine.

there hasn't been many big changes tbh. in WvW the map is different and there are leagues coming.
    PvE has living story going on which means new content every 2 weeks but old stuff is no longer available,
    The adventure box thingy seems to be still going and more levels and more rewards of differing tiers (colours)
    Ascended weapons are out and they are crafted (and it's a ballache) but can extremely rarely drop from champions and veterans (including in WvW)
    An ANET employee got reprimanded after a witch hunt was started when a video was shown on the forum of the staff member trolling a bunch of GvGers and called them out for "violating" his game mode.... was quite funny and the GvG crowd where (and still are) in uproar.
    Devon Carver is hated pretty much universally on the WvW forums because he says what he thinks with no punches pulled, and it is basically casuals are good, GvG is bad.
    Divinities reach no longer has a hole in it
    there are moa races in LA which you can bet on....
    you can trade siege equipment.
    and halloweeeeen is on it's way and the clock tower will be returning! time for some jumps!
  13. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

I'm still playing daily, and you can also... AOE LOOT! FINALLY!!! :'D

Oh, and they are boosting the pve world bosses, tequatl is now a raid boss - needs alot of coordination and alot of ppl to take it down.
  14. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Sadly, that feels like the only interesting thing in all the stuff you listed and it's not even new. So much patching to do...just for that puzzle =))
  15. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

What server is everyone on now?

And has the server-switching stopped? Thats the main thing that made me quit
  16. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

I've been playing with ECL, and now ECL have moved to Gunnar's Hold ( it's lower tier but has a good GvG community ) and become CE....

... I think I've played on every server by now ....

oh, someone just mentioned that transfers to medium sized servers is currently free - haven't confirmed that myself though.

On 15th of Oct there's a fairly sizeable balance patch ( as always this is geared more towards sPvP than anything else )
  17. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

I'm on Gunnar's Hold aswell and still hadn't found any ECL around! (did your number thinned alot or what?)
    And i can confirm that unless ArenaNet implemented free transfers in this last patch, the transfer for medium servers are still payed - 400 gems one week ago.
  18. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

I heard it became free as of yesterday... but it's second hand information, so could well be wrong.

ECL are now CE ( wiki pedia stopped playing ): http://critical-emergence.shivtr.com/
  19. Offline

Paran Community Member

I thought he got kicked out from ECL?
  20. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

Well...kicked out because he just stopped logging in one day