neverwinter

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Just saw there was a neverwinter trailer on yogscast but am unable to see it at work plus I do not wish to use my mobiles bandwidth.

Is neverwinter a new pc game? Is it a mmo or will it be like the old series of fan made coop dungeons? Avid fan of nights but not so much two, so cant wait to see who is making it.
  2. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

As far as i saw its PC mmo which should get out this year.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yep they are making an MMO version. Didn't realise it was out this year though.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

I take it this will be a mmo in its purest form? This will probably mean no pvp, not many quest but loads of four man dungeon stories to work through?
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

No idea, I never really read much into it as I never really got into the Neverwinter series all that much.
  6. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I have no idea how this game will work really. I found it by mistake tho.
  7. Offline

adagio Moderator

Hmm if its out this year and it has hardly been mentioned. I would say this is going to be a hardcore d&d rulset, one faction pve where a major city acts as a hub for four man dungeon crawls.

Probably with a big nod to the rp players there will be no pvp, a world in strife and a semi clad lady who can't make out whether she's good or evil.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Don't forget a princess that needs saving from a tower, or a dragon..... always some shit like that.

To be fair, if it is a sort of 4 man Torchlight Online style game, I might be up for it. Depends how it's priced.
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

It will be a lot slower place than torchlight. Besides mp torchlight isn't far away.
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

It's 4th ED Forgotten Realms.
    No sane D&Dlover would play it.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

There are sane tabletop d&d players?
  12. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

I stopped reading about this when i saw it was Cryptic who are developing it.
  13. Offline

adagio Moderator

So its not forgotten realms then?
  14. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

I dont know the setting off the top off my head, but Cryptic was an instant turn off as i said :/
  15. Offline

adagio Moderator

It will be set after the first game and based to coincide with three books. Based around the city of neverwinter it follows the plight of the city after the king has been slain and undead roam the streets.

The game comes with forge where users are able to make their own levels and quests but players will be told if this is not official content. Basic stuff I read from various sites.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Good to see another game being released with modding capabilities atleast.
  17. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

How can Neverwinter not be FR?
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

yeah forget me I'm a nub.
  19. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Welp, guess that means its probably never getting released.. :(