Nerds I need help new PC kk.,

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Katiechops, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Need a new PC, any nerds up for specing one up with a £500 budget, just the "square box bit", I have monitor, keyboard, mouse, software etc....

Tal you know you wanna...
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    Motherboard: Asrock 870 Extreme3
    RAM: Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
    GPU: HD 6850 1024MB GDDR5
    PSU: Antec HCG-400
    HD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
    Case (I dont know what you want): Xigmatek Asgard
    fan: Nexus Real Silent D12SL-12 BW, 120m
    Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-7260S

If you can find these on an English site it should be around your budget. (£460 or so)
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

£500........ your wife trying to get you off gaming ?
  4. Online

Acina Admin Officer

Cooler Master : Centurion 5 II
    Power Supply : Corsair 650TX
    CPU Intel : i5-760
    Heatsink : Noctua 6 NH-D14
    Motherboard : ASUS P7P55D-E
    Memory : 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB 10666 DDR3
    Graphics Card : XFX 6870 OR EVGA GTX 470
    Hard Drive : Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
    DVD : Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW
  5. Online

Acina Admin Officer

A couple of suggestions for a case:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

ok first of my spec:
    gtx275
    8gb corsair
    and e8500 dualcore

now well i still would stick to the e8500 unless u want to use fraps/xfire and make movies while u play. the e8500 combined with a 1600fsb motherboard is running without extra overclocking and no special cooling system at 3800mhz - u can up this with more cooling to 4.2ghz !

the 275 is cheap but a 295 x2 would be much better (single 295 is okish too or u double the 275 which sounds like a bit of waist !)

dont be cheap with ram ! 8gb corsair was 1 year ago only 200 euro so even 4gb is amazing cheap

so in the end, if u can find a better quad/dualcore with the same power or better for less money go for it but i rarely am using 100% of my cpu - the gpu tough realy isnt enouph in most cases, 295 should be enouph

now this stuff should fit in your 500 pounds pocket easily !

mboard, gpu, cpu and some extra ram, maybe u need a new powersource tough
  7. Offline

Tal The Architect

Don't buy now, CPU refresh in Q1 so just wait until Q2 before even considering. (Your PC is better than mine and I am even waiting ;) )

Even if the new CPU's are expensive, it will drive the other prices down so you should get an £800-900 ;) pc for about £500
  8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

cpu is overrated completly !

what u need is a good gpu !!! and this alone can cost 500 euro easy honestly why wait for overrated cpus u wont ever need unless u work in grafik branches
  9. Offline

Tal The Architect

I would wait, unless your machine is struggling playing WoW for some reason.
  10. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

its not,, but i need a new pc for work at work ie this one,, so need to replace my home pc for work at home ;)

PS I have no idea what is in my current pc I just bought everything you linked the last time and stuck it together :p
  11. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

dady katie wants to buy us all a new pc for gw2 so his own pc doesnt need to be as good as ours ! shit i said it sry papa dont punish me nooooo
  13. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

"Shipping: United Kingdom: £234.00 (more destinations)"

I dunno I not sure if it can run minesweeper tbh,, and I want one in pink.

And Mizou I that line has worked on me twice last year hence I only have 500 quid for my own pc and a third of my old bandwidth now >< all I need is the wife wanting a pc too.... and I will have a 56k connection again!!!
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

I would seriously wait, even if it's for a few weeks. New intel CPU's are coming out in the next week or so. This should mean cheaper (current tech) CPU's and motherboards. You'd get more for your money this way. If you want me to spec you something now, say so. It would probably be similar to what's already been posted though (i haven't checked prices recently).

At least it will be an opportunity for you to get Windows 7 (this will push your budget up!!) :)
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

But so worth it.
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Whats Windows 7?
  17. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

windows 7 is awesome :)

If you want to buy a new pc, its probably because you want to play some new game and you're having poor performance... If that game is not out yet, then first i would suggest to wait till the very last moment to buy the pc...

Then you will need to set a bar $ and then get the components as cheap as you can while not crossing that bar...

After you set your limits, you can come post again so ppl can help you :D
    (also it helps to know what game you're aiming for, since certain game engines work better on ATI while others work better on nvidia )
  18. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Whatever someone said about CPUs is right, a 2 year old CPU won't decrease your gaming performance by more than 1% over a new CPU, it's all about the GPU because as long as your cpu is dualcore or better the CPU will never be the bottleneck for performance.
  19. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Q6600 3ghz and a Geforce 8800GTX have allowed me to play pretty much everything on max for a long time, with the exception of crysis and heavy sieges in aion

Fallout 3 stuttered a bit in very large fights, but other than that i love it, and its ancient in gaming terms
  20. Offline

Mizou Community Member

windows 7 costs 15 euro at least for me haha :p

this CPU costs way too much and the e8500 does pretty much the same unless u want to fraps useless shit

8800 gtx is pretty much your key point, why u cant play aion sieges or crysis on full mega details - its SHIT old stuff

either 295 or a 450+ nothing else and yes it costs more but u need a good gpu while cpu is not needed much in ALL new games