Crafting Need jute, but don't want to farm lowbie mobs?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Jame, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Offline

Jame Community Member

1. Make an alt and give it money via your bank
    2. Buy crude salvage kits + newbie cloth gear from merchant (think the chest piece is most cost efficient)
    3. ???
    4. Enjoy your jute

The reason you need a lowbie alt is, that the gear the merchants sell scale with your level.

Edit. Apparently not possible anymore as from 1.9.
  2. Offline

Muilu - Onythia Community Member

Nice! exactly what i was wondering about :)
  3. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

Nice 1 jame!
  4. Offline

Talisker Veteran BOON

also scales with level so you can farm gossamer the same way, and the salvage attempts that give silk you can mystic forge to gossamer.
  5. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

... i wonder what is the step 3...

:cool:
  6. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Well just in light of the other thread..... is this considered a broken game mechanic? In fairness, some items are so rediculously rare for what you need to do in crafting, it feels like you need to do this.
  7. Offline

Jame Community Member

Well, now I'm not sure. Didn't think it was. I think the need to this is more from trading post not working, so you can't buy the jute from others as intended. Not really seeing this as gamebreaking though (as the karma vendor abuse).
  8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Don't think its an abuse, Arenanet had the same system implemented on GW1 (bank sharing).
  9. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

tbh its their fault for not having the trading post working on released, crafting seems to be balanced around the fact players have access to the trading post
  10. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Hope you stocked up. Apparently this has been fixed in a recent patch.
  11. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

I did this earlier last night...8pm GMTish. Cost about 65 copper for a cloth chestpiece. Salvaged into 3-4 jute pieces which could be made into bolts. Helped considerably although I only put about 15 silver into it. Can check if it's fixed later.
  12. Offline

Jame Community Member

Btw can we see patch notes anywhere? I was going to do the same thing with wool (tried to buy from trading post when it was up, but I never managed to actually get any when hitting the buy button), but didn't have an appropriate level character for it.

And how can they fix something like that... not able to salvage them anymore?
  13. Offline

Karasu Community Member

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

No full patch notes, but this is omitted because of security issues so close near release.

I think they disabled salvaging these sets.