Need a new headset :O

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Selenus, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Ohai peeps! So I've checked the old thread on new headsets, but some of the replies are a bit old so I was wondering what's new.

I can see not a single person recommended any razer headset so I guess I'll steer clear from that.

There were plenty of steelseries recommendations, as well as Sennheiser.

What about Turtle Beach p11, anyone?

Either way, any advice is welcome, thanks :D
  2. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

I use a proper headphone with a desk microphone.

That's my recommendation on what to get but if you want the easy solution of a combined package I'm sure people will help out.
  3. Offline

Gekido Community Member

4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Creative Fatal1ty headset. Cheap, great quality.

It features a mic on/off and sound button on the chord and mine came with a bag you can use to carry the headset around.
  5. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

6. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Its up to you... but i really dislike headsets, espeacially wired ones. Microphones tend to break in tehe rotating area a lot, and if mic breaks, whole headsets becomes junk, even if headphones are still working. I would look into standard headphones first if I were you.
  7. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I've had plenty before and none ever broke. Just need a new one and was wondering what's good but not overly expensive :)
  8. Offline

Yhymoto Community Member

Using Fatal1ty also for more than 2 years now more or less, it seems unbreakable, i hooked cable while stading up so many times so headset was flying nearly all over my room and everything works same as it was at start. Really good headset.
  9. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

A lot of people have mentioned this headset now. How is the sound quality, and how comfortable is it? :)
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Logitech G35.

/thread
  11. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

It's good yeah. The price however, isn't :eek: I was looking for something at £50 tops.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

True it's expensive, but it's amazing dude.

The 7.1 digital surround sound is jaw dropping when your playing any FPS game as you ALWAYS know where the enemies are.

I had one for almost two years, then it broke (the swivel connection on one of the ear cups snapped). I e-mailed Logitech who sent me a pre-paid postage label out, I sent them my broken headset, then they sent me a brand new G35.

So yea, expensive headset, but its amazing and if it breaks, you seem to get free replacements via the Logitech warranty.
  13. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I rather use a real 7.1 surround system for the game sounds and cheap headset for talking. :/
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

That only works if you live in a house where you can do that without annoying other people.

I use the G35 because I want surround sound, but I cant use speakers, so this allows me to get surround sound and keep everyone in the house happy.
  15. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Yes, I understand, but when you use it for both the game and teamspeak things get too messy in my opinion.
    It doesn't feel comfortable.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Very true, but you get used to it.
  17. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

In all fairness, I never play late into the night anymore, but I find my housemate doesn't mind me playing late at night even with speakers on.

I just need it for those times I do decide to do some arranged pvp into the night for a couple of hours and don't want to wake him up with people shouting on TS.

Thus the no need for the £100 quid headsets. Something comfortable and nice around £50 but I can't seem to find any that isn't doused with criticism about "lack of quality in comparison to its more expensive version" - Which is expected anyway, but doesn't mean they're all bad. Sigh, been looking all day literally with no luck.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well I used to use a Logitech set before my G35 that was really comfortable at it was £35, but they no longer make it.

Before that I think I had a Razor Piranha or similar, and it was very uncomfortable, so steer clear of that. In fact, I have tried on a few different Razor headsets and they were all rather uncomfortable. Maybe I have an odd size head or something, but I found them to be quite poorly made and sore on the ears.

If its purely a cheap but comfortable headset you are after, my best tip would be to look for a headset that covers your ear, rather than sits on your ear. Not only do these headsets offer good sound deadening, but they are far superior in comfort to the type of headset that sits on your ear, as they compress against your ear and cause tenderness. Other than that, steer clear of Razor headsets, at least that is my opinion anyway.
  19. Offline

Karasu Community Member

I've been reading many claims that virtualized surround would sound even better (and be cheaper) than actual 7.1 speakers in a headset. Haven't tried it for myself though.

Agreed with fully covering your ears. Both the Sennheisers and Creative Fatal1ty I've used have it and it's so much more comfortable and better sounding than without full cover. Do try it out if you can, some people can't stand the extra pressure on your ears.
  20. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Yeah my first headset used to be some Antec ones that sat on my ears. Unepic tenderness after wow raids. Well, Actionpigeon has the Turtle Beach p11 ones, and the price is quite good (around 40 quid), and the reviews online seem to mostly be highly positive, so I'm very tempted to get those. After all, like I said, I'd only be using them for late night pvp.