NCsoft confirms Guild Wars 2 on console

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Merketh, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Hell no.. Bad idea..
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Just so long as they keep the console nubs away from us np imo.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

OH FOR FUCK SAKE!!!
  5. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

WTF?! Only MMO which could be good to play on consoles is TERA IMHO.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

TERA felt very nice on a 360 controller.
  7. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

lmao.

And I thought DCUO being on PS3 was bad.

I may not like be particularly keen on Guild Wars but it sounds incredibly silly them putting it on Console
  8. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I'm REALLY excited about this.

DCUO didn't really work out (because lets face it, it wasn't very good) but the console market is by far the fastest growing market in the entertainment industry and I know a lot of people who play a lot of games but aren't necessarily PC-savvy. I managed to convince a few of my friends to play Skyrim ont he xbox instead of CoD/FIFA and they were completely blown away, they would totally love something like this and I think there is a massive gap in the market for it.

My only concerns are what it would do for game balance in terms of fairness, because a KB+Mouse control is pretty much always going to be preferable in this environment.

Here's hoping they make it work, I have faith that they can.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Allow me to laugh
  10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

yea... the xbox generation in gw2 its gonna be the kiddie game number 1 then
  11. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

cant w8 to pawn analog-stick turning nabs :D
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Where does it say cross platform?
    I only hope the Xbox version is completely different so that ncsoft don't try and homogenise (which will ruin the PC version)
  13. Offline

Gib Community Member

You know when you are really really looking to forward to something and also feel like scared because you just hope it is good and not another poor quality 2 month MMO and you end up back in WoW hating on the forums but really this would be so cool if it awesome and I want to love it then....

Available for console

And you cry a little bit
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

I always thought mmos on this generation off consoles don't work due to the amount that goes on screen?
  15. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Not that i believe that they would cross platform an mmo but there is speculation about FIFA 13 being cross platformed between PC and XBOX 360 through Windows 8.
    We ll see.