Natural Selection 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Omnipresent, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Hey peoples,

This is just a basic review to get some interest going, if people are into it I'll do a more in depth review... so lets get started, what is NS2?

For those of you who are as old as myself will remember a MOD for HF that came out about 10 years ago called Natural Selection. If so you will be amazed to hear they have released a full version of the MOD.

Though I haven't played it yet, (installing as I write this) I have done some research and it looks amazing. Here are a few points of interest.

Firstly its not your standard run of the mill FPS, it has a unique twist to the gameplay. Being that there are two races in the game, Marines vs Aliens.With completely different abilities and set of weapons.

Secondly, it has a eSport feel to it since its a highly strategic game. What makes it strategic is map control; control of resource nodes, and tech points. Which basically give you the advantage over the enemy team in an arms race. Also you'll notice tournaments being streamed on Twitch.tv with commentary.

I loved this FPS back when it was a MOD because it was different, it required advanced tactics and strategy.

If anyone is interested in getting involved reply here, also feel free to post any questions you might have.

Media:
    http://www.naturalselection2.com/

Totalbiscuit reviewing the Commander Role:
  2. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

Loved the original and i'm sure i'd love this one. I did see a video of it a few months back before it was out and was quite surprised when i was told it was already out.

Unfortunately there ain't enough hours in the day to try it just yet :x
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

I was expecting a Irish video review.
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Looks delicious!
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Hasselback "nomnomnom" potatoes :D

anyway we should get back on track with Omni's review!
  7. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

I think the potatoes sum the game up perfectly