Movie/TV Talk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shantotto, Apr 23, 2011.

Welcome to the BOON Control Community!
You're currently viewing our site as a guest user. or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions - as well as removing advertisements!

1. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

HOW DARE YOU SAY THE JACK REACHER FILM IS GOOD?!

I havn't seen it yet (although I will, out of pure rage). I'm a huge fan of the book series, and Jack Reacher is supposed to be some huge brutish guy, not particularly good looking, like a giant gorilla. It's pretty key to his whole identity. I raged hard when they cast Tom fucking cruise.

I still think it'll be an awesome film because it's got an awesome story and character make up to work with, but I complimenting it is unnacceptable because of the horrible horrible casting.

also: the hobbit is not too long, infact when it finished i was like "wtf, that was 3 hours?! thought I was only 2 hours in". I didn't have to run out the cinema for a piss, which is usually a race I have to undertake in 3 hour films. doubly surprised. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original LOTR 3. It just seems like same-old same-old
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Old man bladder :p
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

You forget that Cruise is a good foot shorter about a quarter of the way through. He's a good actor in good action movies and Reacher is a good action movie, the story follows the book quite well (obviously chunks are missing as the film is only 130mins long) and you'll be pleasantly surprised :)
  4. Offline

Screenager Community Member

sorry did somebody say danny dyer

;)
  5. Offline

Screenager Community Member

tbh Iwhen I saw this the first time I sat there making squealing noises like some kind of pre pubescent girl at a bieber concert
  6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

7. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

The Prestige : Wolverine and Batman do magic tricks until they meet David Bowie then shit gets real.

Seriously though, brilliant movie.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Ye great movie that. Also watched Flight, great movie and a pretty intense start
  9. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

• Like Like x 1
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Fast & Furious 6 official extended trailer.

Such a fanboy of this series, cannot wait for this.
  11. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Like Vin on fb,he's often giving exclusive pics,piece of info about his new movies etc... including this one :p
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Would require me making an fb account.
  13. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

apparently they recorded some of the fast and the furious 6 in one of liverpools tunnels.

liverpool awesome.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Recorded some in Glasgow too. Went down to see it but none of the cast were there, it was all "stunt drivers".
  15. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

cool thread, already watched most mentionned.

act of valor has some great scenes despite the patriotic stuff.

zero dark thirty was a good surprise, great cast etc . Its what "homeland" the series should have been; both are availaible on any decent newsgroup server.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I thought act of valour was great, although acting was a bit average in places.

Guess that's what happens when you cast real soldiers in the movie, combat sequences are outstanding, dialogue seems forced.

Still definitely worth a watch though.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

While waiting for GoT, Southland s05 just started, this aint NCIS :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Online

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Might have to check that out, that was pretty good
  20. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

• Like Like x 1