Mousepad

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Ketz, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

As the title sais, i need a new one and i dont care about the price. I am using the razor Naga and i am loving it but i cant decide which pad to go for. I did some looking around at the stores this morning and i saw a razer one called destructor and a steel series one called exact mat something. No idea if they are good or not. Would appreciate any feedback on this matter mateys.
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

good question, I am still looking for an affordable solid non-black mousepad aswell. I wouldn't recommend the Razer Exactmat for a razer naga though, mine has some trouble as I have to wiggle the mouse a bit before it starts working. (it's not dust but the black surface)
  3. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

I am glad you are following this thread Pete cause i value your opinion on tech matters very much. So is it true that white surfaces is better? If so the destructor has a version with white surface but iam worried of how easilly it will get dirty.
  4. Offline

Tal The Architect

It's not black mousemats that are the problem, it's usually the hard mousemats. Dust causes more of a problem on the surface and I find them to get loads of gunk on them if they aren't cleaned regularly.

I'm always gonna recommend http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-000-BB it's so good and it's absolutely massive!

One of the pluses of it being so big is that it sits under your keyboard too and since it's soft(ish) it's almost like a mini-wristpad.
  5. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I have a steelseries QCK+ that I've had for years and is still trucking amazingly.It's about 1+1/2 foot wide and a foot tall.
  6. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

forget about razer exactMat. I bought one when i bought the razer imperator. If you have a laser sensor mouse, exactMat is not for you.

TBH, the problem is not the mat itself, but the fucking mouse. My deathadder works perfectly on the exactMat.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

glide mopad ftw !
  9. Offline

Tal The Architect

10. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Hard mousepads are a pad idea for the reasons tal just said.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Never had any issues with stuff sticking to it... but then I am a bit OCD when it comes to my PC and desk, everything has to be all clean and tidy and shit, no eating at the PC etc. etc.

It does wear the feet down, but then mouse feet are not exactly expensive to buy or hard to replace. I bought a set for my naga when I got it over a year ago and I would say the feet are at about 50% wear and I play my PC a lot, like seriously way too much and always on this mat, so yea it wears it doen, but its not like zomg a week later new mouse feet needed.
  12. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I use this, it's free and works really well.

[IMG]
  13. Offline

Tal The Architect

For me it was like a few months until it was noticable. Thing is you might get used to it after a while but once I got new feet it was so smooth again :p

Even still, for £10 you should just get the boogie bug XL... it's cheap and even if you don't like the size you can trim it down to like 4/6 regular sized ones. But it's far better than the crappy destructor - mine is just sitting in a cupboard doing nothing (and so's that case it came with).
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I had one of those mice...... about a billion years ago..... upgrade you tight bastard!!!!! NCSoft pen too, hehe.
  15. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I am glad to still be tight ,, unlike yourself. mehahahaha!
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Oooo er missus.
  17. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

I knew the thread would derail when Katie posted :)
  18. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

The mouse is not dented btw as ppl have been asking its a skin, however that is my second one of those mice the first broke when it made this dent in my wall due to BOON not getting to the artifact in time during a seige...

[IMG]
  19. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Take a picture of the garden please katie, really interestd to see the outdoors of Scotland first hand :)
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I use the same mouse as you KC lol

Nothing beats the logitech mx518, it is my fifth and its just pure win