Mortal kombat 9!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Doodle, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT!!!

The best, most brutal, most awesome fighting game in probably the best version to date is coming out in around 10 days! there are tons of videos out on youtube but here is a funny top 5 reasons is going to kick ass by my man angry joe

http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/04/top-5-mk-will-kick-ass/

I will be getting this for my dusty xbox 360 and playing online, anyone else planning to get this?
    WARNING: This is not for sensitive people, this game is very brutal and borderline sick. And that is also why it's so fucking awesome WOOOOT
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

FYP :p
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Btw you know SSF4 arcade edition is coming out as DLC in june?

If you had a real console we could play :p
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

This is going to kick ass, and if i wanted to lag online i would buy a ps3!
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I guess something germans aren't allowed to play :p
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Watched the top 5 reason it will be amazing video and tbh, I didn't see anything new at all.

Everything they are banging on about in this game has already been done in previous versions of Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or Tekken.

Ever since like MK4, the MK games have been complete easy mode button bashers. The only reason you buy MK is for the lolz because of the huge amount of gore, not for the skilled gameplay. Also they used the words "make it more accessible" quite a lot in the video. This is developer code for "we nerfed the game to make it easy for nubs to get good". So yea, I expect faceroll button bashing to be as easy to win with as skilled play in MK9.

If I had spare cash I would probably pick this up, but not for xbox as I serious can't justify paying microsoft to be able to play online. However I would pick this up just for the lulz of having blood and severed limbs flying all over the place, not because I wanted to do serious online play, because with MK, online is almost as much lulz as the gore effects.
  7. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i dont see anything that makes this mk less skilled than say street fighter 4. it all comes down to preferences and i prefer MK since it was my very first fighting game back on my sega mega drive =P

But to say that playing MK requires less skills than say super street fighter is just wrong, the games work the same when it comes to combo breakers, rage bars, special moves and combos. So its no difference what so ever =P

but im buying this for the gore lol
  8. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

It looks great imo. Mk might not be as skill based as Tekken/Street Fighter but it always has been more gorish which is really important when it comes to fighting games. Buy a Ps3 and we ll play :)
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I keep hearing bad stuff about the ps3 and online gamig.. is it really as stable as xbox live beeing a free service and all?
  10. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Nop its not as stable as Xbox Live but its not as crappy as ppl claim either.
    I play Fifa and Pes on Ps3 with no probs unless i am playing against someone from North or South America.
    At the end of the day it comes down to how good your isp is, there are some bad days and plenty of good ones.
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

You realise 99% of games are hosted P2P anyway without any data being sent between sony/MS/etc?
    Some games do get server hosting though and it's actually usually on sonys side of things, eg GT5 has dedicated servers.

Plus if you add a year or two of xbox live gold in, PS3 is actually cheaper ( and does more stuff ) eg iplayer/4od/etc and you can use it as a DVR if you buy PlayTV, along with PS3 media server ( so you can stream from pc>ps3 all your torrented shit and watch it on TV ) and so forth :p