Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, May 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Knowing the prices of the last few mw games it would probably be cheaper to go around the world in real life than buy the actual game.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

No dedicated servers, no deathmatch. to make it short, no real FPS.
  4. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

nice to see CS is still getting better graphics
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

CS? oh dear yet again. They are not comparable.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

I'll bite. How are they not comparable?
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

CS: The custom gamemodes, maps, models, skins, and sounds? And purely competitive too. CoD focuses on gameplay only and has no differences from CoD 4 til now (actually it would be best to play CoD 4 out of the bunch since its most costumizable).

Gametype I do agree, kinda the same. However CoD never reached the popularity or competitiveness of CS so simply saying CoD MW3 is a new version of CS is lame.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

I could go on for ages about how much I detest mw mp but here's one reason. it set objective based fps back 10 years and as long as ppl keep buying this shit over others, fps will be stuck in 2001 while other genres leap forward.
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I enjoyed CoD4 but have stuck by my boycott of cod and mostly of activision since they decided to try and take the piss. I mean... £12 for 4 maps as DLC?!? ROFL

Rather give money to devs who still care for PC at least enough to not just badly port the game, like Bethesda and DICE (brink even has a tutorial video which states "this is intended for console gamers to teach them how to play co-operatively, but some pc gamers may find some of it useful" lol)
  10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

now battlefield 3 will be a game that once again revive the FPS games!

also the reason the newer games are getting dumbed down is to satisfy people with xbox playing the cod games
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

BF3 will be another Battlefield, it won't ''revive'' the FPS games since BFBC2 kept that part of the genre going anyway and it wasn't a bad game at all. There's no dedicated servers either and it's not doing anything new apart from huge maps! However it will bring some good things back. Anyway it might be the only FPS I'll buy for the next few years.

- 64 player support on PCs
    - Prone is back
    - Jets are back
    - No commander
    - Single player campaign + co-op
    - It will have more unlocks than Bad Company 2
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

CS (not source version) was one of the best competitive FPS games and is still quite a competitive even now and requires player skill to compete with the top players.

CoD (with the exception of 1 and 2) are some of the worst FPS games ever made that focus on 12 year olds holding the trigger down and aimlessly spraying. No skill is involved and to make it even more unskilled, there are "perks" added to the game to make your character have more HP, more ammo, extra nades and shit like calling in airstrikes if you get a killstreak etc. etc.

Basically anyone who says CS and CoD are comparable or that CoD is better than CS (remember, not CS:S) seriously needs a head check or they have never played an FPS and don't know what they are talking about.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This always hurts FPS community. I hope they see sense before release.
  14. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

why of why are u comparing battlefield 3 to bad company 2 its like 2 totally different games if anything battlefield 3 will be the worthy followup of the legendary battlefield 2

also having airplanes back means helis wont have the easymode they had in silly bad company 2
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Your not good at tank sniping helicopters then I guess.....
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

And the engine is like frostbite 2 on steroids. Crumpling ground, earthquakes, towerblocks collapsing... Carnage. But yeah gameplay wise it's nothing unfamiliar. Mw3 however is the same old pap we have come to expect from the CoD series since cod4.
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i wasnt and i found it really stupid really hope they fix it its like playing desert combat again
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

Does cod have a map editor yet? That bugged me for ages. For a game to survive longer than a year it needs a community. Mind you it probably doesn't need it as it churns out one each year.

I have my hopes for bf3 but all I have seen so far is good looks. Bad company gave us the moving battlefield, I'm hoping for more imagination from them. Maybe a third or forth team involvement. Maps that branch off in different areas depending on how well your team is doing.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ofc not! They make their millions selling 4 maps for £12! If they gave mapping tools away then people would not pay the money. Won't happen!
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Comparing? not really, but you said BF3 will revive the FPS genre which it won't. All FPS games nowaday's are team-based, non- or lightly modded and have no dedicated servers. I'd have to go back to UT99 or Q3 (or webversion) for a proper free for all deathmatch game without vehicles or shitty maps, until a game like that comes out we will be stuck in 1999.

Basically the FPS genre is simply this (may have skipped one but meh):

- BF1942
    - UT99/Q3/MOH:AA
    - CS/TF

Since those games the FPS genre has been the same with different graphics and settings. Until a great innovator comes and adds a new interesting element to the FPS you will basically play the same games with different skins. I guess the only exceptions are the FPSRPG games such as System Shock/Deus Ex. which generally aren't that much around multiplayer wise. (I heard of 1 game, Neocron I think that is multiplayer)