Mobile Authenticator out now

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

As the title says, the mobile app (for iOS devices, not sure about android) is now out on iTunes app store for free.

Remember, remove the protection from your account before updating your OS or you will get locked out.

It's worth grabbing for free, even if only for the ingame vendor items.
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

EA doing something for free? Well this is a surprise!!
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Guess they are just trying to compete with blizzard. Plus, less people hacked, the less they have to spend on paying GMs to deal with victims.
    Besides, the hardware Authenticator is much better, this is just all that's available ATM.
  4. Offline

Tal The Architect

To be fair though, don't they just do the same thing?
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Well, phones are more likely to be lost or stolen. Also updating OS on a phone changes the internal key so you are locked out.
    Also it's less hassle having the fob next to your keyboard than having to get out your phone, load the app wait for it to load and type in the extra 2 digits
    Also annoying if phone dies.

So they are the same, but with separate drawbacks.
  6. Offline

Verin Community Member

I'll order an authenticator, and hopefully I can add my phone aswell. Always help to have 2 solutions.
  7. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Proper authenticators will be coming to the EU "soon".
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I use the authenticator I got in my collectors right now

It's easy and fast. Only annoyance is that you get logged out of the account page and forums far to quickly and have to auth to get back in again
  9. Offline

Verin Community Member

I already have 3 other authenticators on my keychain! one more won't make a difference.
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Yeah Ill have to order one as well, don't think they still work on 7/8 yo mobile phones.
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i got some autheticator with my CE today if it even is that it certainly looks like one
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Guess who didn't heed their own advice

MASSIVE FACEPALM!!!
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Lol epic fail..
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That's quite bad lol