[Minecraft] server the next step

Discussion in 'Old Gits Gaming' started by adagio, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Now that we all have our towns just about built we need to think about the next step.

do we open the server to the public and see if any players will join? this will mean our towns will need to be water tight with towny to stop them being destroyed. all players registered now will keep ops.

also do we add more addons to the server to make it more fun. these could include iconomy to start a battering system. dwarfcraft to start a rpg system of warriors miners etc. a monster hunting mod could be set up that rewards those who go out hunting at night.

just to let you know also a few mods will be added this evening including bandages and a music maker.
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

sorry about spacing but my phone is crappy at editing.
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I like the idea of a hunting mod!
  4. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I think we could get some more ppl on our server to make it funny :p Also more addons will make it more awesome!

BTW. Send me your paypal so i can send you some money :)
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I think opening up is a good idea but we would need to do something like create an area of the world and flatten it and only allow guests to build in that area. They cannot build in our towns or in the wilderness, only in a set area we give them. Once people prove themselves to not be idiots, we can allow them to move out and become residents in towns and/or create their own towns.

Also, I like the idea of the hunting addon if it gives you items like ores and such as rewards.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

its slow at work so these are my ideas. permissions will be changed over the coming days and some of you will be dragged into testing them. at the moment most of us have full admin controls on all permissions. this will be changed to the folowing setup.

owner :- me, full admin functions
    admin:- ppl who want some server control.
    boon:- forum reference who can kick ban etc.
    default:- no control.

each of these has a prefix in chat so you know what you are. the top three can build anywhere as they can now. the default option should only let a player build on the land they own land. a nofire adding will run for defaults that will only burn one square for them. there will be no rpg addon as frankly they sound shit and nothing to do with me not able to set up mysql etc.

mods I will add later tonight include. monster hunt, iconomy, musiccraft,no drop, shops, bigcatch and nofire.
  7. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

This game sounds awesome, they should update its gfx!
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

minor thing but could you put the .js which come with worldedit (roof.js, maze.js and draw.js) into a folder called craftscripts please. they don't work in their default folder.
  9. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

There is texture packs you can install.
    Also can't do much about how the world looks since it's based around the blocks :p
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Could we get a mod (can't remember it's name) which saves your loot intonation chest when you die so that it's easily retrievable and you font have to rush to get it back before it despawns?
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

i'll see what I can do. still looking for 2-3 ppl who would like to share access to the server files. some knowledge of how servers configs work and permissions would help. this is mainly due to me working during the day and not having access to the server.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Go on Fizzee, man up and do it!!!
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I work during the day too so not sure it would help :p
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea but you and Nerien seem to be very good with the commands in Minecraft.