Minecraft PayPal Donations

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tal, Mar 26, 2012.

?

New Server?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2012.
Try another host 5 vote(s) 71.4%
Dedicated server 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Stay 2 vote(s) 28.6%
  1. Offline

Tal The Architect

[IMG]

Since the server has been lagging like crazy due to Tekkit machinery etc, there have been some discussions on getting a dedicated server etc.

I would probably lean towards trying a new host. Multiplay have been pretty bad for the last few years. A new host would be cheaper than multiplay but the dedicated server would be a lot more expensive, obviously. I'm already looking at a host which has a 10 day refund policy and have great reviews. Their servers are located in France though.

Either way, we can start getting a fund together for the future and it would be handy for the day when everyone gets fed up and wants to change ASAP (if the choice is to down stick with what we've got).

And yes the current world will get backed up and transferred!
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I don't care either way.

I wouldn't mind paying a tenner a month towards a dedicated server because Minecraft is the only game I enjoy playing currently, apart from SC2 and I just don't have the time to dedicate to SC2. So yea, given that Minecraft is my go to game, I don't mind helping to pay for a server that can cope with what we want to do.

Thing is though, the Multiplay server is fine once it stabilizes (which takes 10 to 15min for major chunk loads) so I would prefer if we tested another provider on a "moneyback guarentee" if it turned out to be shit, before we dive in and buy an expensive dedicated server.
  3. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Try a different host imo, dont see a need for a dedicated server tbh, once people start dropping off and playing new games, they will want to stop paying. Unless we take 120 pounds off everyone at the start for a annual fee.

If we went down the dedicated server route i'd suggset opening it to the public with a smart donations system to help fund the server, and try and make a name for our BOON in the MC scene.

I'd be up for anything tbh though, I've voted new host but I'm happy to follow the crowd
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

I'm easy.
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

we know
  6. Offline

Tal The Architect

The server is so laggy atm.... so once people start donating we can think of moving
  7. Offline

Don't we have 2 servers?

Perhaps lose one and just get a better one, 2 seems a bit excessive no?
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

They are on different physical servers and can't be moved or combined.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Only reason we have 2 servers is because people kicked up a fuss about the switch to Tekkit, so we had to run it on a second server.

Then everyone realised it was epic and swapped to Tekkit and we ended up with 2 servers.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

The second server was brought on a whim and looking back should never have happened. This is why I want a group to make decisions about Servers.

I like the idea someone, say doodle. Can come to us and say. "Hey I want a hardcore neverwinter nights server for me and the Swedish crew." It then gets discussed and if agreed added to our roster.
  11. Offline

Tal The Architect

Since the poll results are in; testing out a new server would be around £20 for the first month with a 10 day money back guarantee. That's with 2GB of ram which is the same as our current. I don't mind giving adagio a hand with setting it all up tomorrow night or so, but I'm not fronting the cash for it.
  12. Offline

I'll can send money to Adagios paypal or the Boon's, how much is it each?

Can we get a list of confirmed players for this year, so as to make it easy to arrange white lists and sub fees. Do we know how big it needs to be?
  13. Offline

Tal The Architect

Adagio's is still under investigation for terrorism. The standard donate@boon has nothing in it.
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

If people who are happy to donate post here, we can work out how much it is each. Probably around £10 each tho?
  15. Offline

Tal The Architect

Oh I just checked and someone has donated £10. Might be a good idea to post here if donated just so we know who has done so :)
  16. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

donated 10 pounds
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

do i get admin rights for 100 pounds?
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

tbh you should get it just for liking football!
  19. Offline

adagio Moderator

I'll add 20 when I get a new paypal.
  20. Offline

Saul Community Member

I'm happy to donate, just need to know how much you want us to pay. £10 or £20 is fine but I cant afford Omni's tax evading £120 Year sub.