Minecraft Dota

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Is nothing safe these days

2. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Sweeet! :D
  3. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

haha looks fun tbh ;)
  4. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

wtb blizzard dota :(
  5. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Smite everyone go play smite!
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Prefer original dota over it I think :/
  7. Offline

Karasu Community Member

But you can't jump! That's so frustrating..
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Can you swim though? This clearly matters more than some random feature that GW1 didn't even include :p
  9. Offline

Hightimes Community Member

Haha that is awesome!
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Times are hard, can't blow the budget on swimming and jumping animations, Smite isn't the same AAA game minecraft is with its revolutionary animation system, which allows the game to calculate the sword swinging animation arc by using the same formulas employed in the punch animation.
    Oh and they brilliantly found a way to create a swimming animation using the basic walk animation... Fucking brilliant..
  11. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I wasn't comparing Smite to Minecraft. More like original Dota > Smite > rest & all > minecraft, imHo. :p
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

Tvar, hasn't found the delights of Minecraft yet?
  13. Offline

One thing that really confuses me is the fact that Warcraft is/was one of the most succesful games of all times in years played and number of players afaik.
    It clearly shows that we (the community) loves to mod and that modding actually saves the value of games over alot of years.
    Minecraft would have been dead in the water along time ago if it wasnt for the massive modding going on.
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

Well, theres a few ways of looking at it. How many games still around today were spawned from the original HL modding scene? Now, imagine how you would feel about COD if it too had a modding scene? I bet it would look a lot better game than it does and would be more playable. Theres so many scenarios that would have made great games even better if the Devs/publishers had the guts to let the modding scene get hold of games.

Imagine if the original source of WoW was released to the modding scene under the understanding that anything created was owned by Blizzard. I bet you a lot of the modders creations would have been implemented into WoW at a later date. Pvp would have improved immensly through ideas taken from these modders. Different stories would have been created, lands with no quests just players making the world they're own. Lore would still exist and never have been broken and probably a true war would exist between alliance and horde.

Its just Indie devs have the balls to try something new whereas devs have to play it by the book.
  15. Offline

Couldnt agree more Adagio.. Just think its so sad...
    The lifespan of a game increase a hundredfold if they actually let the community mod it.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

CoD4(mw) does/did have a huge modding scene, in fact 2 of the most successful mods were one you could be a gunner in an AC130 Gunship, and one where you got a nuke....
    Sound familiar?

They were implemented in CoD6 (mw2) whilst blocking Modding and consolifying it to fuck...

:(
  17. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Man COD4 was such a nice game ;<<

Enjoyed plying zombies or gungame ;)
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Sadly no, would love any game to tick all my boxes.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

minecraft isn't the best game ever, and definately over hyped. But it's good casual fun.
    If you did want to try it out let me know, I have a secondary account (Mr_Fizzington) which you can use.
  20. Offline

Saul Community Member

Nearly finished my EPic Railway.. Will fraps it when finished, but it's pretty fooking awesome, taken me 3 months to get close to finishing.