Minecraft blueprints from models.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

I thought I would write a quick guide on how you can take models from games and turn them into minecraft blueprints. Its simple and easy so lets get started. First you will need a .obj file. If you a Warcraft fan these are easy to come accross. simply download wowmodelviewer from here. http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/

Install as normal and it should load your wow install automatically. When you find the model you think suitable for minecraft simply click file/export model/save as wavefront.obj. Remember where this object is saved!!

[IMG]

Next we need to download a small program that will take the .obj file and turn it into a square model. Get this from here http://www.mediafire.com/?bjle3qi8ja5pype

After this file is downloaded and unpacked, navigate your way to the unpacked folder where it should look like this.

[IMG]

Go find your .obj file you made earlier and add it to this folder. We now have to change one of the .bat files to suit our .obj file. If you have notepad++ use this or wordpad will be fine. Right click the voxhand.bat and select edit. Change anything thats says gipshand2-3k to the name of your .obj file. Mine is called horse.obj so the will be changed to horse.obj. It should look like this

[IMG]

Now we just need to save this as .bat. In notepad++ their is a option in the save menu to save it as a .bat. In notepad or wordpad you will have to save it like this. In my case due to it being named horse I will name it horse.bat. Important note make surethe save as type is all files.

[IMG]

Now all we simply have to do is run our .bat and wait for the finished product. You can use s to set the blueprint to one line and then j and k to move up and down. this will give you each single line to build. Also you may find a helpful to distinguish the blocks.

[IMG]

It may not be perfect but will give you a good idea as to how you model should look.
  2. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Takes amazing! Any ideas of we can use the software for other games, like Aion maybe?
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

I would have thought the best place to look for model converting would be the Aion machinima community. they would have some tools for transfering armours items into some sort of 3d program. I will look into it when I get home from work. I have another project on the go at the moment so time is an issue for me.
  4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Extracting the model might not be as easy. I'm not sure if it's been done for Aion. If you have some experience with modeling you can make them yourselves in Blender/.. ofc.

Really nice program. Does it also recognize color? And can you resize your models? That'd be a useful feature.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

Suprised their isn't a machinima community for aion. I would have thought the cryengine would be great for films.
  6. Offline

I worked out how to extract models from Aion, theres thousands, but here is just a few.

[IMG]

-

[IMG]

-

[IMG]

-

[IMG]
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

8. Offline

lmao it is ><
  9. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

brb Resubbing Aion.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Its a new mount I heard.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

They have a bob the builder mount section in Aion?
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You mean builder man bob? :D
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Minecraft could use some anti-aliasing
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

HAHA!!!