Metro: Last Light. $5 for "The Way It's Meant To Be Played"

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, May 11, 2013.

?

Has this affected your purchase.

Yes, I'll preorder now. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes, I'll not buy now. 2 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes, I'll wait for sale now. 1 vote(s) 12.5%
No, I already pre-ordered. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, I wasn't going to buy anyway. 5 vote(s) 62.5%
No, I'll just play without hard mode. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

So 4AGames and Deep Silver are the next in the line of day 1 DLC controversy, this time they have the hardest mode (which is basically what 2033 players had) a pre-order incentive, or if you don't pre-order it's $5 (£3.99) day 1 DLC.

However, this isn't just a nice bonus feature, they claim that this is the "Way it is meant to be played" which means players who don't pre-order or pay extra get a game which is inferior in the developers eyes.
    ed0bab3614466d19cbdcb6568c267eae.png

PC gamer has come forward to tackle this issue, and there is some pretty interesting quotes from it.
    The most interesting is:
    Angry Joe has a good rant about the matter

What is your view on this matter, and will it affect your Metro: LL purchase
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

they probably had a publisher or producer force them in to this to create an incentive to pre-order. It's not uncommon and its good business (from a corporate pov) now the consumer has 2 choices, accept or not accept this fact. Only way you can hurt them is not opening up your wallet BUT people buy it anyway, actually more will pre-order now because of this day one dlc.

Why stop madness if it's good business :nerrrr: this game was under my radar and I won't be buying it but that's mainly because of not a fan of the series

Edit: Rather this then day one content to be fair. this really only affects the hardcore less then 1%
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I dislike DLC, but I understand that in some cases it is acceptable and I have purchased DLC for games where I felt the game was good enough and the DLC added something worthwhile.

This $5 for hard mode ticks the box of "worthwhile" because who plays shooters on easy mode, but at the same time, I don't agree with it because I see this as something you should get provided for free with the purchase.

I wasn't going to buy this game regardless, but this type of DLC, and indeed Day 1 DLC of any type really annoys me.