Mesmer Build

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by NoL1mmits, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Offline

NoL1mmits Community Member

Any suggestions of what u think its better for mesmers in WvWvW??
    I mean traits/skills/equip :)
  2. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Nr 1 skill for mesmers in WWW: Portals
  3. Offline

in SPvP i used portals stun and one that made me invisible and created an illusion cannot recall the name:) also i figured out best Weapons are 2h staff/2h sword but i have no idea about what traits i should use:)
  4. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I would suggest 1h sword + pistol instead of 2h sword for spvp. Lost of dmg plus a stun and invulnerability. Also blink for stun breaker and null field against condition builds instead of utility stun and invisibility. Don't take my word though since I haven't played much of mesmer last beta.
  5. Offline

i think stun is a must but works it i have it from my weapons and can change with one of the others:)
  6. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

Ok, here is the blastardised version of a mesmer build i have played with, have replaced null field with portal and moa with timewarp to help team but not sure if i have been taking the correct path with mesmer builds as i like to keep my created illusions not shatter them. i'm sure a burstier build can be made based on popping the clones but i love maxing clones and hiding in amongst my illusions using decoy and prestige (and dodge role to an extent)... however the target markers don't so easily fall for those ploys.its still not bad through the buffs to your illusions which are very easy to proc to max.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgE...jqA2JVQ1lUg7aD;TwAg0ynEOJdS9kyJqaM1IqxWjrGZNA
  7. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Hey guys,

I'm jumping in :) I think we need to first know where we stand in WvW (and let this thread be purely a WvW build discussion otherwise it will get messy very fast).
    What's our role? Damage dealer? Support?

We can't really know for sure until we've experienced for a while so let's share here I think :)

From what I've seen so far we won't really be the top damage dealer in WvW, maybe in skirmishes but not in large scale battles. What we bring is a lot of utility on the other hand. But that's my first impression after just a few hours of WvW.
  8. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Using portals and invis for more advanced tactics. In big fights what I tend to do right now is use focus temporal curtain and pull enemy zerg together, drop chaos storm and reflect bubble on them and use null field. I haven't researched yet what are the optimal specs.
  9. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

So all in all what's your feel on the best weapons combination in WvWvW?
  10. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Imo in big zergs staff and scepter+focus. Focus curtain is amazing for pulling enemy into out aoe.
    For small 5-10 groups it would be 1h sword+pistol for huge burst damage and gs/staff/scepter+focus/torch depending on what you want to spec into.
    At higher levels I will try to make a build for big zergs orientated on combos.
  11. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Ok good to know, that's also what I'm doing right now. The staff is overall amazing, I can't seem to not use it in any situation.
    Sword/Pistol is awesome for small fights yep, but not so great in zergs.
    I have only tried GS a bit but so far I'm really not convinced. I thought it could be good in WvW but I guess at such a low level I can't really judge.
    No comment on focus, the pull skill is great :D

What I'm now wondering and going back on the original discussion is what would be the ideal build around this in WvW really. If we could gather several potential builds we could pick one and try it out to give our feedback here afterwards. Thoughts?
  12. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Well we have to wait till we get into advanced tactics because that's what mesmers are all about. Our main skills will be portals, veil of invisibility, mass invisibility, null field, feedback. Will have to see how we end up fighting and how will we be using portals.

Also I will later try the trait which heals everyone around you for 2k+ when you cast a mantra which in big zergs might be much better than auto attacking.
  13. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Going to try a mass confusion build in WvW this week. Weaps are Staff and Scepter/Focus. I'll let you know how it goes :)
  14. Offline

archy Community Member

Small tip in regards to temp. curtain, pull enemies off of walls and cliffs by placing the curtain below them. ;)
  15. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Yep that's indeed a pretty good trick, always makes me want to see the look on these people's face behind their computer when that happens xD
  16. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Also use it to interrupt people on siege even if they won't fall off.