Megaupload boss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adagio, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Is it true he got 50 years for copyright infringements?
  2. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Well didn't he get arrested last week? Fastest court judgment ever? So no, but maybe it'll be what the prosecution is asking.
  3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Or they just didn't like his house..?

[IMG]

I mean.. they did earn a lot of money in suspicious ways. I hope MegaBox was really something they'd planned.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

In the peoples republic of america, big business owns you.

And the courts..... allegedly.

Didn't ninjavideo owners also get sent down recently?
  6. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

7. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

kim dot com ftw
  8. Offline

Feidan Community Member

9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

its a sick world we live in these days
  10. Offline

Feidan Community Member

It would be hypocritical for me to get mad at corporations that do shit like that for money because I would do the same in their place. I am mad that they get away with it so easily.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

My thoughts are that the companies who are doing the lawsuits. Are the ones infact who use a old business model and now are stuck. They see they're business shrinking and its easier to blame outside interests.
  12. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

My thoughts are if they losing so much money due to them couldn't they just organise a helicopter trip over the Atlantic Ocean and a free parachute jump without the parachute and concret boots? Save alot of hassle imo.

Infact even better SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET!,, oh wait...
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

50, 20, 100 years. Difference? All close to "symbolic" amounts of time spent somewhere they most probably won't be incarcerated for more than what, 10? 's all about the moneyz. Big giants got offended by megaupload lol, they demandz "justice", setting an example for others.
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

Just goes to show a big business can destabilize world economies and peoples homes with reckless investments and at the end get a large bonus.

Whereas a person can destabilize a big business profits through reckless copyright infringement and get 50 years.
  15. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

File-sharing is here to stay. These companies have gone about everything the wrong way. Take the example of my friend's 11 year old daughter.

They buy her an album on CD..... first thing she does is rip it so she can put it on her phone. She goes into school.... the album gets bluetoothed virally to everyone in the class. And then it goes viral to everyone in the school. There's no stopping that.

Was it fair that candle makers went out of business when the lightbulb got invented.... not really. But technology shafted them. Adapt (and make lightbulbs) or see yourself go out of business.

Just look at Kodak! At their peak 145,000 employees and 85% of the American camera market. Today... Bankrupt!

Today's technology oriented kids have never paid for music. They'll eventually be the judges and juries....the writing is on the wall.