Mass Effect 3 Multi...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blackspear, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

...IS AWESOME! Really enjoyable horde mode with different objectives and nice character progression. You should try demo as well if you like ME as its only 2.5 GB and its fun.
  2. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Yeah is fun. Is quite hard the lvl of the waves increases by the wave. i will try to play it tonight again after i will get bored playing BF 3.
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Well its hard when your low lvl. I managed to complete 3 maps with 2 other guys after u left :p
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

Watched tb's wtf last night and while it looked good I have a few bug bears. imo the over the shoulder view and melee rarely works. It looks like to make it work they give the melee an insane attack arc.

If they end up charging you for the bonus packs. You could lose the one time only bonus almost immediately if you end up in a crap group.

On the other hand it looks great.
  5. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

If you play krogan u barely see anything but other races are ok

And this packs are only thing u spend your credits on so later u end up with tons of this shit and you can waste it if u want. Ofc they can add something later on as its only beta but i think i wont be and issue later on.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

The way games companies have been acting lately over dlc and extras you would have to think its in they're minds.
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

If they do it the way tribes does (nothing can be bought you can't earn) then great.
    Or cosmetics, that's fine.
    If you can buy power then fuck right off.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

I just have this itch at the back of my brain that's saying something is odd about it. My worst fear is buying credits that get linked to your origin account that can then be used in various games.
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Depends very much on what you can buy.
    My bet is on Exp boosters and skins.
    That is fine in my book.

However I too have a horrible feeling they may sell buffs like a damage multiplyer or self res items...
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

Well considering horde mode is pve I guess the devs will be fine with attribute and weapon boosts.

My one concern is if they become origin account linked. This could (and I state this as a prophecy not truth) lead to bf3 and swtor having shiny items added that cost these credits. That's a powerful combo off games right there and a great cash cow.
  11. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

As long as this items wont change gameplay and can be bought by same credits you earn in game im fine with it.
  12. Offline

Tent Community Member

I must be the only one being somewhat disappointed in the ME 3 demo.

Single player felt like some mass effect 2 DLC (this is 'ok' though, as the story is the main selling point here).
    Control wise it still feels like it's primarily designed for consoles/controllers.
    As far as I could tell (I'm no expert, it's been a few years since I played ME 2) the only thing changed is the UI.

The multiplayer felt tacked on, possibly to make some extra money from future store sales/dlc's and online passes.
    As far as I know this horde mode is the only MP mode available, I think it would get boring quite fast
    (I know, almost anything multiplayer is fun with friends but that is not my point here).
    I'm sure future (paid) DLC will add more MP functionality though...

And don't even get me started on day 1 dlc and 70 euro digital deluxe versions.
    Or the paid apple IOS apps that unlock exclusive weapons and other things in ME 3.
    Or the fact it's origin only.
    Or the fact EU gets the game 3 days later than the US

Not that all this comes at a shock.
    But with the amount of pre-order items, apple IOS items, delayed release and future DLC's piracy is getting more tempting.
    As Gabe (I think?) said, piracy is a service issue.
    I won't quite feel like a valued customer with all the downsides to a legit copy.

Anyway, don't shoot me for my opinion- I know mass effect is almost like a religion to some.
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Not actually played the demo, but from what you saying Tent, I'm inclined to play only the single player game.

Shall have to wait and see.
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

Tent I am one of those Religious ME fans, but I have to agree with you, I doubt I will buy it tbh, ME2 killed it for me with the sheer amount of DLC, it was pretty much half a game when it shipped with the other half sent in drip form via DLC, I can see ME3 being even worse and I hate EA and Origin atm.

My plan is to leave it a year then hopefully EA will allow Steam to sell some of their games as their income is dropping with Origin only games. And I will pick it up as a DLC bundle pack off Steam in 18 months or so.
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I haven't played any DLC at all from ME2, enjoyed the game just as much as ME1. Don't see a reason why you need to buy the DLC at all, it's not like (in case of ME2) that you ended up with an unfinished game if you didn't get the DLC.

Doesn't mean I like Origin though.
  16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

This..
  17. Offline

Saul Community Member

I agree you don't have to buy it, but for me it's an incomplete game without it, yeah the story in the original boxed game is the same regardless of DLC or not, but the amount of extra story and items included in the DLC, made it impossible for me to not buy it, because to me it's the difference between the basic or the Directors Cut. What pissed me off is there was a lot of DLC that really could and should have been included in the game.
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Played a bit of the single player last night....
    Controls are SHIT
    Honestly, who decided to have space bar for:
    Sprint
    Use
    Jump
    Cover
    Leave cover
    Talk
    Dodge

Utterly terrible control system.
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I think this has been the main complaint about the PC version of the game, hopefully with the full game you'll be able to change this so at least all it does is sprint and possibly conversation related things.
  20. Offline

adagio Moderator

I generally see dlc as buying the lord of the rings books and only getting the hobbits story. Or if you prefer wheel of time books and getting rands story.

All if you must at least read one of those series.