Make a BOON Rift legion?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Katiechops, Jan 12, 2011.

?

Who is going to play Rift?

Me, Hardcore baby I love it, is my life... 2 vote(s) 10.0%
Me, I am going to buy it and try it, have some fun.. 6 vote(s) 30.0%
Me but I am not going to play with you BOON mofos 2 vote(s) 10.0%
No, giving it a miss 10 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Trying the get an idea if ppl are going to try out Rift in any decent numbers, if so I will make a BOON Rift legion to pass the time until GW2.

So give me an idea if your going to try it or not and we can open up a section on forums for Rift, we already have a fully setup Team Speak running.

I will be trying it out for sure even if its just for the one month, but hey if its good could be a nice stop gap until GW2 comes along.

Chops
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would like to try it before I buy it, so if anyone wants to give me a couple hours on their beta account during the next beta weekend, would be appreciated,
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I dont know how it works coz i heared thet u need new beta key for each beta weekend. Anyway if mine will work you can use it.

There will be 4 more beta weekends and game comes out in 1 March or so. BTW im not voting yet first i will see what others think :)
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I think Ill try it, but no idea how much it will cost. It'll be a factor aswell.
  5. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I gave my beta key for this weekend to furie and he tried it. He said the animations were bad :S
    i dunno... i'm not convinced about rift yet... i like the idea of the soul system :p

but for now i voted "No"
  6. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

PRE-ORDER:

Digital Standard Edition
    $ 49.99 / € 49.99 / £ 34.99

Digital Collector’s Edition
    $ 59.99 / € 59.99 / £ 39.99

Dont know how much will be monthly fee but probably like Aion

//EDIT here you go http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/subscriptions.php
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Still thinking of trying it though, but definite discision when there are no more beta's.
  8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

guys google rift vip beta keys and u will find something - next beta is in 1.5 weeks so hurry ....

if u guys manage to get in with numbers i will reroll on an english server with 1 toon but ofc also play the german char. i would not buy it tough there is an offer for 30 Euro Preorder on some amazon uk page... the game is not rdy and it wont destroy wow because it misses too much and has nothing realy new. but get your own picture - much better then listening to me
  9. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

If i already get beta key from last weekend than i can play on nexy beta weekend or i have to get new key?

And I heared they will wipe all characters now.
  10. Offline

Mizou Community Member

VIP key = all events

normal key = 1 event

i didnt hear they wipe the chars again but it could be

btw here something intresting for all: http://seelenplaner.telara.net/ its german, there should be a english one as well
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I pre-ordered and would like to boon it up again :p
    ( As long as we're on a pvp server ).

I'll post some more on the beta thread I made about it in general.
    Really it's long term success will depend entirely on post-launch content updates ( sup aion ), rather than launch condition.

THAT SAID.

HOLY SHIT TERA IS LOOKING PRETTY AS HELL.
    :p

Tbh I think people will probably buy/try Rift/tera/gw2 and they will all probably do quite well at launch.

I'm sure there will be some boons playing all of them.
  12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

[MENTION=122]Shantotto[/MENTION]

u dont need to go on a PVP Server to be able to gank people in the quest/harvest areas. this said the pve servers have 6 open world pvp zones as well where u do not need to gank cause all u do there is kill enemys.
  13. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

We are BOONs we would never gank... erm honest
  14. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Haha i think i have to talk to Irminia :D
  15. Offline

Mizou Community Member

16. Offline

Sheebaa Veteran BOON

i played last beta with tomkat...we thought it was nice...not extraordinary, but nice. A bit like wow, but like someone said above, the soul system is imo, nearly awsome
    We both, more me than tomkat, like the ideea of factions, so that's a plus to us regarding gw2...
    Bottom line, we are seriously considering buying/playing it, a bit costly though...
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Any info on the subscription costs ?
  18. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So basically, you either start a sub up as a "founder" and get to pay a subscription that is pretty much on par with the rest of the subscription based MMO's out there..... but if you stop your sub for any reason, then restart later, they jack the price up.....

Or say if maybe you didn't know about the game and some friends tell you about it and you grab a copy after 15th March..... you have to pay more per month than your friends just because they bought the game on release ?

I'm not sure if it's just me not understanding this properly, but is this not completely retarded ?

Charging people different amounts on their monthly subs depending on when they purchased the game. So player A and player B are friends. Player A buys their copy on launch and recommends it to player B a few months after launch. You telling me player B will be happy knowing they are on the same subscription plan as player A, playing the same game for the same amount of time doing the same things, but paying more per month due to the date on which they purchased their copy. I doubt it.
  20. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Ye it is coz as u said if u pay "now" the price is same as for other MMO BUT only if u pay for 6 months ;/

And PRE-ORDER is really expensive imo 0o

So even if u choose to change method from 6 months payment to 1 than price will change also -.-