Magicka

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Nerien, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

This is a really awesome game while playing solo but it really shines when playing with 2-4 people.
    Going to start off with showing a video of some gameplay and you can keep on reading my badly written text below.

Example how arena play looks

Game is based on using 8 different elements
    Water, Life, Shield, Cold
    Electricity, Arcane, Earth, Fire

They can be combined into several different types of attacks.
    You can create mines that blow up or heal the targets that walk onto them.
    You can combine everything into casting a beam that bounce on shields and can be combined with friendly or enemy players for an even stronger beam.
    It's really simple to revive a fallen friend so that you can keep on playing in the arena while in a challenge or do the same when you've killed him in the adventure mode.
    Can't describe how fun the game is to play in multiplayer mode :p

We can also pick up spell books that teach us even stronger fixed combination spells.
    For example calling down a meteor shower over the whole map, or a thunderstorm that will kill you or any friend in one hit if you don't have a shield on yourself, there is also a skill that can kill one target in one hit.
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

9.99 euro on steam, really worth it imo. Have been having lot's of fun with it. had some multiplayer action with nerien =P hundres of different ways to cast a spell, you make the combinations.

its a cool game worth the 10 euro imo
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

This post is one week too late >< /shoo
  4. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

You only think so.
    Game is awesome now and after Rift has been released.
  5. Offline

Mizou Community Member

still too late now i wont buy it for 10 euro only, i saw acina and sam playing it but not often so i didnt buy it myself
  6. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

granted its not going to be played much by me after the rift gets started up but the 2 days this has keept me entertained was worth the 10 euro =P
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

We play it quite a bit, its hilarious, especially when played co-op. You spend most of your time dead because your teammate(s) are a little trigger happy and decided to kill you, launch you off a cliff or push you down a hole - I have laughed so hard that i've been in tears!!!

Its a perfect de-stress after a hard day at work, or to just get away from MMO's for a short while. £7.99 well spent to be honest, I'd happily buy it again :)
  8. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Hahah, well, I bumped the Boon Magicka times up a bit when joining... It's a really fun game :) Happy to play it with whoever feels like it.
  9. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Sounds nice after a long day, may just have to get it, videos look quality to :)
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Noticed this, went from 27 hours (ish) to 164 hours, was very impressed :p
  11. Offline

Akemi Veteran BOON

Hmmmm what monstrosity is this! Team Killing is badddd.....baddd... but ooooh sooo entertaining XD I wouldn't say it was 'decided' to kill, more along the lines of someone running off a boat, or infront of a lightening bolt, or arcane ray or putting up a health shield so the other person cannot heal them.... or stealing their weapons........ I could go on XD <3

Magicka was also featured in this months (March 2011) edition of EDGE magazine
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Its awesome fun mate, like I said though the co-op is where its at :)