Lineage 3 revealed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gekido, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Article

Looks like Lineage isturning back to its roots - diablo'esque setting and combat. Don't know how about the rest of you guys, but for me that's a let down.
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That does take away a bit of its epicness I must say.
  3. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Well with so many mmos in line from ncsoft (GW2, B&S, Aion 3.0), i guess they had to differenciate them a bit to not steal each others playerbase.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

If it would focus on PvP and sieges there would be no competition, but yes I thought that same thing too, it probably adds a certain charm to the game for some people.
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

lets hope so and ability to pk everyone :)
  6. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

7. Offline

adagio Moderator

Some day someone is going to make a mmo with no lvling and you get to choose what armour and spells you use.
  8. Offline

Gekido Community Member

You mean without character progression? Is that really appealing to you? :)
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

You can still progress your character without lvling. Imagine quests that give specific gear and nothing else. Or maybe gems/perks to gear.

Mmos are to stuck in lvling and classes for too long
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Think he means a sense of progression without numbers, something Moleneux has tried to do with Fable but horribly failed at and that at an MMO level. Surely innovative, but a long way off.

In RL you don't see numbers pop up how much your strenght has increased when you've done some workout. I guess in that sense, but tbh scientists try to put those things into numbers. And while playing a game there will be number crunching anyway, certain people will only play what is best.

I may be wrong, maybe Adagio just wants an MMOFPS rather than an RPG, just with a closet to change clothes.
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

yeah but me and Tvar like to gank and farm scrubs in crap gear and make thier lives miserable,,, only reason to play mmos tbh...
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

but you have to admit that killing scrubs in crap gear, them dropping their gear or loot would definitely add some misery to them. Increasing your fun.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

14. Offline

adagio Moderator

Alaisy was close. We all know mmos are maths equations when you fight. Your character then has a set path blah blah.

My idea was to take the 250+ spells/buffs/moves and let you choose which ones you wanted. Say you had a choice of 10. (3 passive abilities, 4 offensive and 3 defensive.)

Now each attacking ability would have the same base damage but it would not have its own cast time. This would be down to the button/slot its assigned too. So button one could be 1 sec cast time x 1.25 spell modifier x 1 sec cooldown. Button 2 could be 0.5 sec cast time x 1.5 spell modifier x 5 sec cooldown etc.

Basically then you have made your own class who's abilities are powered by gear.
  15. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Have you heard of Guildwars ? It's a nice game, a few years old... But i heard that a new one is coming out!
  16. Offline

adagio Moderator

Does guild wars have lvling? I don't know much about guild wars but I take it uses a class system? Gw2 certainly does but in a different way.

I'm talking you start with a blank slate. No classes, no trees. You choose the abilities you want from a selection of 250. If I wanted to be a shadow tank with no melee abiities I could. Just take offensive shadow spells, passive tanking abilities and defensive tank abilities and of you go.

If guild wars is like that I would be amazed.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You basically just described Darkfall.

If that is what you want in an MMO then Darkfall will give you it. I loved that game and the only reason me and KC stopped playing it was because it was full of hackers and overpowered beta characters that never got wiped when the game went live. However..... they recently released DF2.0 with new servers for a fresh start. I would have went back, but I just don't have the time to sink into it atm because I am playing other things.

Other than Darkfall, the only other game that comes close to giving you what you have described would be ArcheAge. It is still class based though, but the list of combinations of classes you can make is really high. Only problem here is don't expect a Western version this side of 2013.

If I were you Adagio and you seriously want to play an MMO with literally no limits on the customisation of your characters abilities, then try Darkfall on one of the new servers. Like EvE, you are at a disadvantage if you start late as the game has a macro style level system where the more you perform a certain type of ability the more you learn it and the better you become at it (basically you level up a discipline to unlock better abilities in that discipline). If your open to knowing that you will be a weak character till you put some time in, then I think it will give you what you are looking for. They also offer a 14day free trial for the game, so you can try it out without buying it to see what you think.
  18. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

In Guildwars 1 you have primary and secondary professions, and while you can't change your primary profession, you can change your secondary and by doing so you can completely change the way you play your character.
  19. Offline

Miyo Community Member

L1 is still more popular in Asia than L2 so that might be a reason why it looks more like l1, not l2
  20. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

i kind of like this diablo 3 style. at least its a difference maker when compared to all the other mmorpgs out there!