Lineage 2 goes F2P

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gekido, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Article

Imho this should've been done about exactly one year ago, when games like LotRO has gone f2p, still since it will be going f2p and releasing GoD(total game revamp), might be worth checking out.
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Chops is going to pee himself with happiness
  3. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Btw, russians already launched GoD in their servers where few of my friends are playing and in their words alot was taken from wow and implemented in L2, like insanced dungeons, party/match finder, auction house and so on.
  4. Offline

Mizou Community Member

you mean standarts of an mmo - things not even wow had when it released but eq had... and many other things that blizzard and sony worked out as a standart in mmorpgs
  5. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Well... yeah. i didn't say WoW was the first to use those, but WoW is the game that most of gaming community is familiar with and was only logical to use it in the comparison. Don't worry, i'm well aware that there were were mmos before WoW.
  6. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I just did....
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Still, will there be new servers?
  8. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Seriously we should do this for a coupel of months just for a laugh
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

if there is I am so in. PK PK PK btch and fight mehahaha, L2 was designed for grief,, every knows the score when they start so all is good, the more drama the better inthat game,, so we can't use the BOON tag mehahhaa
  10. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I suggest CUNTZ as the guild name
  11. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

<OnlyGirls> is pretty rageinducing otherwise.
  12. Offline

Delvoid Community Member

any idea when its going f2p =D?
  13. Offline

Gekido Community Member

There won't be as much drama as L2 used to provide, 'cuz they've removed a big portion of grind and S grade gear will be purchasable from luxury shop, but still...

About the servers - thre should be new ones for certain, cuz there's like, what, two servers left in EU region and two in US? I give you 95% they're going to add more servers.
  14. Offline

Gekido Community Member

They've said in the announcement that it will be out later this year, so November/December, and considering that russians already released GoD i can't imagine that the west would lag too far behind... then again, 70% of L2 staff in NCSOFT WEST was laid off erlier this year, but maybe they'll hir more ppl before going F2P... one can only hope. ;)
  15. Offline

Mizou Community Member

as long as i can kill some guy, loot his corpse and hear him cry on some board like aionsource it will be enouph for me !
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Definitely will play this if nothing else is interesting me, Will be nice since i never got to play lineage.
  17. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

This. This just killed the best thing about lineage...
  18. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

There is only a chance they will drop gear and only if they are red for pking
  19. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

True, fighting over the best farm spot so you can crft the best gear in game is what L2 was all about. :(
  20. Offline

Gekido Community Member

What are you guys talking about? Epic bosses, are still there and not instanced. Instances is just an addition, the most epic loot is still will have to be fought for with other players over Antharas etc.