Legendary - Sunrise

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Firoz, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Today, 2nd October 2012 - after 10 days of waiting for patches - I was finally able to craft the legendary weapon Sunrise. In less than one month two players worked together on puzzling together the recipe and gathering all required materials in order to create one of the most epic weapons in the game.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This achievement was not gained without sweat and tears. Since day one we set our sights on creating a Legendary and started slowly gathering all the pieces of the puzzle. Funding came from playing the Trading Post, especially volatile trading. No gems were bought with real $$, no exploits were used to farm dungeons, events or gain value, no server switching was used to gather materials. (except to find an unbugged and unlocked temple of Balthazar)

Highlights

25 aug : Pre-release launch
    27 aug : Level 80 reached
    30 aug : 100% World Completion, Gift of Exploration
    30 aug - 3 sept : Time-out
    - Gathering gold and clues in preparation of the craft -
    6 sept : Mystic Clovers discovered
    9 sept : Dawn crafted from the Mystic Forge
    - Search for the last two unknown parameters in our Recipe.. -
    11 sept : Gift of Magic and Gift of Might discovered. Found the final missing number of 77 clovers required.
    Our recipe is now complete - several days before it was discovered publicly.
    15 sept : Gaining levels / skill points is too slow. Deleted character and made a new one with the same name. All but Dungeon Tokens and Bloodstone Shard are Account-bound. Levelled back to 80 through crafting and skill challenges is fast.
    16 sept : Finally 77 Mystic Clovers created, Gift of Fortune is crafted - No more RNG! :)
    - Several days of Karma farming and Dungeon running -
    19 sept : Dungeon runs done, Gift of Light and Gift of Sunrise crafted
    22 sept : Finished farming ALL the materials, including Karma. Temple of Balthazar event is bugged!
    - Lots of waiting -
    25 sept: Temple of Balthazar is unbugged. Got all my Obsidian Shards. Stacking them is bugged.
    - Even more waiting -
    2 oct: Dawn + Gift of Sunrise + Gift of Mastery + Gift of Fortune is combined to create Sunrise.

In the process we’ve created tools to keep track and visualize the puzzle:

[IMG]
    The recipe itself is amazing, taking pieces from all over the world. I’d estimate the total cost including RNG over 700-900g, 1.2 mil karma and 400 skill points. If you are working toward your own, remember there is only a low chance a Mystic Clover will be crafted from the Mystic Forge. Other results can be 10-50 Tier 6 materials, Orichalcum Ingots, Mystic Coins, Obsidian Shards, Lodestones, Hidden Treasures, Crystals and Philisopher Stones! Some of the other materials are very tricky to obtain, such as the Lodestones, the Legendary Base weapon and all those Mystic Coins.

[IMG]
  2. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Really nice job mate. Mega congratz from me
  3. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Gz, now make me one :)
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If this is a genuine world first, I will front page this shit (with the recipe removed ofc).

Or indeed Firoz , when you get home tonight, make a nice post with some better pics and I will front page it.
  5. Offline

Jame Community Member

Grats!
  6. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Even has his nice skins on too, what a poser.... gg mate
  8. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

9. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Well, there is this guy who made it faster today after the patch.
    So yeah, due to the bugs I didn't craft it as the first.
    But he wasn't stuck for 10 days.
  10. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Incredible. Many congratulations!
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

yeah and due to those bugs 99% of ppl will never accept it was world first, because as the guy on your thread said, you can't call it the worlds first because it wasn't the worlds first, you got shafted mate we all know you should have got it but you didn't.

Change the post to "How I crafted my Sunrise", and sure point out it should have been the Worlds first Legendary but due to bugs and being alseep when they fixed them you got shafterd for 10 days, we all knew it was going to be the first to reliase it was unbugged and hit click and it was, but hey ho you have your sword.
  12. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Uber grats mate! Im nearly done with mine.. More ectos, 300k karma and the runestones \o/
  13. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Added my pictures.
    For the spell effect you'll have to wait till this evening in WvW
  14. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

how do u know you are the world first anet confirmed it? and it still looks like crap :p
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Looks best in motion.
  16. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

even if it wasn't first its still an amazing achievement, 2 months into the game and you've already got a legendary gg.

reminds me of the commentators on the Olympics who put such a massive downer on some brit swimmer getting a bronze, i mean bronze is still 3rd best in the world, that shits still impressive

so regardless of whether it was first or not congrats, everyone here knows you worked your balls off to get it :D
  17. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

noone remembers a third tho paul all about the first
  18. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Oh and Aspira - the recipe is quite known. You can post our version of it np.

These 10 extra days messed up everything.. That day only two people collected everything: Firoz and the guy with the Bifrost
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Gratz!
    Now go rest for tonight you WuvWuv without constantly worrying about fucking Karma :p
  20. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

In all fairness thats Anets F**k up and they should in someway release a statement that they're bug broke the race for world first.....