Legacy system in (again?)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Felby, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Felby Community Member

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I might need to rethink my IGN if we're getting surnames :omg:
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

change the 2nd L to an I :p. No need to make it look much different either then
  4. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Hey Everyone,

This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:
    • Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters, on all servers - so choose carefully!
    • Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player's Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy's family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.

We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!

--James
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

not been able to test this legacy system but it really makes you think about your in game name..

Doodle... doodle what? lol

Might go for my old SWG nick, Doodle McDoodle
  6. Offline

Felby Community Member

not gonna lie

thats fucking inventive
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Going to be just as inventive
    Fizzee Fizzington
    :D
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Can someone fill me in on Darth Vader's surname? "Darth Anakin Skywalker"? Not choosing legacy name, check.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Whats wrong with that name? Sounds awesome :)
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Darth Naga Sadow, Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, fine but some names don't sound well with Darth infront and a surname on top of that, eg mine or Darth Doodle McDoodle for that matter! :D

<3
  11. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Darth Darth Darth.

Original name do not steal.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Anyone who expects to use skywalker or anything remotely obvious to SW fans had better be seriously hardcore levelling. Skywalker will be either restricted or snatched up by the world first legacy achiever.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Airstroller > Skywalker.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ozonejogger ftw
  15. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

non rp names = gtfo please :D
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON