League of Legends

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, May 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

League of Legends is a FREE dota/hon style game that is consistently in the top 5 of online pc games played currently.

There are guides for all champions here that are quite good for new players to see what items/skills/etc they should be taking:

www.mobafire.com

Solomid has a lot of videos/guides/streams etc as well:

http://www.solomid.net/

Boons/people playing/ingame names:

Aaz - Harblol
    Adagio - Bendybox
    Alaisy - Alaisy
    Aspira - Aspiraaa
    Balmung - Katriel
    Bluestar - Drama101
    Divinitas - Divinitas
    Furie - Furiee
    Fizzee - fizzeee
    Specter - Specter
    Kamisori - Kammie
    Shantotto - Gryffes
    ins - airkain
    Undeadmonkey - Redeadmonkey
    Sheebaa - traxsef
    Tomkat - Tommkat
    Sunshine - Hakkaaa
    Tacita - aticaT

Post if you want adding to the list :p

TBs intro vid to the game:

2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

fizzeee
    (Just set it up so will probably craptacular)
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

zomg Balm0ng <3
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

5. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

6. Offline

adagio Moderator

Thanks for the guides, guess I have alot of reading to do. Also this is one of those games where I don't mind given the developers a tenner just for the effort they put into the game.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I agree. I bought an XP boost for like £5 a couple days ago just to get to 30 faster. I know it makes no real difference but it gives me one less excuse to use if I have a bad game.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

NOTE: This thread is NOT a LoL vs. HoN thread. This is a thread where those playing LoL can post up their ingame names to arranges groups and chat about LoL.... not HoN.

If you want to talk about HoN go make a thread about it and discuss it there.

Discussion is encouraged on the forums, but persistent flaming of one sides opinion over your own using incorrect facts is not tolerated.

Posting about how HoN is zomg super amazingly better than LoL in this thread or derailing the thread further in any way using factually incorrect statements will get a temp ban. Healthy discussion is one thing but I am not having this thread continue to run as it was as it was laughable and embarrassing for the forum.
  9. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Personally I think the best way to level up in lol/gain most IP is to find one or two heroes you like that are cheap and stick with them. That way you can learn the game what other heroes do etc without having to relearn a new hero every week.

I want to buy nocturne but so expensive and always banned!
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

Thinking of getting a tenners worth of points and getting a ranged character I like the sound off with xp boost. Last night felt like a crash course in lol but was fun netherless. Right time to look at ranged characters and builds.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It's like Starcraft, more games you play, more you understand and learn what to do.
  12. Offline

The thing to learn is other Heroes abilities and their cooldowns, get that and your sorted. Who've you been playing as?

Oh and last hitting!
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I only really play Malphite and Akali, but mainly Akali. Tempted to pick up a ranged DPS into my rotation but I will wait till I am level 30 and have time to experiment with other champions before I try others.

I would recommend playing all of the free heroes once or twice, or at least each type of hero once or twice to find out if you prefer tank, melee, ranged, healer. Then once you find a style you like, stick with it and level up. I find that I am learning all of the other heroes abilities quite well without playing them as I stick to the same champion all the time so I am in a comfort zone so can observe the other heroes better. That and Shanto giving protips. ^^
  14. Offline

Malphite is banned so much in ranked, I bought him in sale but play singed as tank if needed he's like invulnerable melee hate engaging him cue of poison and stacking magic resist owns others. Only strong ad carries with cc can really harm him.

Not s great fan of ranged heroes I have vlad but he's banned alot and has been nerfed to.

Vayne is nice but sooooo expensive as a new hero. Bought eve and playing her in normal games at the mo (she has big boobs pete)

Best advice shant gave was not buying runes until tier 3, when I hit 30 I had almost two rune pages one ad for garen, one ap for vlad was sweet.
  15. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Who's getting banned in ranked atm? I legit havn't played the game in a few months except for this last week, and havn't played a ranked game yet.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

She will get nerfed soon for sure. Super long auto attack range plus forwards roll to chase enemies also adds extra damage to the next shot. Seems a little OP at the moment, maybe just need to learn how to lane against her as she sucks in team fights from what I have seen and she is super squishy.
  17. Offline

She's not much different from other ranged AD dmg wise, perhaps 3rd shot should level up with her ulti like 10/20/30 or something rather than %

The biggest issue with her is that roll makes it near impossible to catch her as it's such a short cooldown.
  18. Offline

Nocturne gets banned alot then the normal ramus/malph/trynd/vlad/Kass

I've not played ranked in a while I went through a time of playing them as normal games ie every game was ranked with heroes I hadn't played with either :D but then my ranking went from 1250/1300 to like 1000 but I hear it's being reset for season 2 soon.
  19. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Where did all the posts go.
  20. Offline

Think they got deleted cus they were irrelevant to the thread and just fanboi flaming