L4D 2 map making

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by gir, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Offline

gir Veteran BOON

I felt there might be nice to take hold of some of the extra creativity that is floating around after all the minecraft building thats been going on.
    So I thought of doing a Left 4 Dead 2 map/campain, this might sound like a big deal and it is, but its a nice fun learning tool for anyone interested in level design and learning to appreciate games even more then most do here already :p
    If you feel this might make some organs in your stomach tingle a bit i can set up a project where we make it happen.
    Not only builders is needed, custom sounds, texture painting,custom animations, camera work for ingame clips and so on.
    Also would be nice with ideas of what we like to make in terms of environment (woods, town, city, war zone in Scotland...
    Any comments, or am I alone in feeling like doing something like this?
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would be up for this tbh.

I haven't used Hammer (I assume Hammer is still the Valve map tool) since CS1.5 and if it is even half as complicated as it was back then, it is still going to be an absolute bastard to re-learn.

I have been desperate to make a campaign for L4D2 since the game came out though but it is so much work to do solo that I would be more than happy to do a team effort.