katmai has a mad kitty @ lol

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by katmai, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Offline

katmai Veteran BOON

Watch in HD. My Sony Vegas skills are limited, but i'm gonna improve, as i like to do some creative work from time to time.

2. Offline

adagio Moderator

First, I'm sorry you are playing Hon. :p

Second, on your recording, do you use fraps to record and then move onto vegas or use vegas totally? Also on the recordings I notice you have black borders appearing on your screen. I take it you record in a high res that probably (16:9) ratio then has to be cut down to fit. I'm not a expert and I'm sure shanto or others will come on and tell you the precise res but i think you have to record in 1280x720 @ 60 fps or 1920x1080 @ 30 fps to get a video to look right on youtube. What i will say is you colours look very vibrant compared to anything I have ever tried to record.

As for gaming skills I'm not the best person to ask :p
  3. Offline

katmai Veteran BOON

i use fraps to record and then move it to vegas.
    my eyes are failing me but i don't see the borders :))
    yes i do record in high res at 60 fps 1080p.

oh well the video was from my 2 bright games today. as for hon vs lol vs dota :)) playing hon till dota2 is out. i just wanted a better dota :) lol is not my thing.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Recording at 60fps is a bit overkill.

I record at 30fps and that is ample.
  5. Offline

katmai Veteran BOON

uh thanks for sharing. i am new to the video recording thing, so any tips are appreciated :)
  6. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Youtube has a max FPS of 30fps.
    Also a max resolution of 1080p.

There ARE black borders on that video which means you're playing in 1920x1200 or set the video output to a different size than the recording output and didnt rescale/etc.

Also, come play some lol w/ me and if you get to level 10 and still haetz it, then you can keep haetzing :p
  7. Offline

katmai Veteran BOON

you were' up at 6 AM ? god you're early
  8. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

4am for him, so he was still up from night before :p