[Juggernaut] Initial Builds

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Verin, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Verin Community Member

Initial PVE Tanking spec:
    Tanking spec

So! My initial build! After having tried the stress test.
    I'm not sure yet if I want to try levelling as vengeance. I didn't have any issues levelling as full immortal spec.
    Then again I did level every bit of it with Foxeh on his assassin.
    Oh levelling as a group is no issue, no penalties for running in a group. Infact you gain social points doing so.

And ofcourse you always have a group at hand to do the different group quests you come across.

There are as far as I can tell a good reason to stay proper tanking spec, as there are loads of group quests needing a tank and healer to do without to many issues. Not to mention the flashpoints spread across the levels.

Thoughts?
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Lvling as a tank is very viable specially with vette at your side ;-) she has some sick damage dealing capabilities
  3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Yeah - I'd say for leveling as a tank you dont generally need a healing comp, just go with a DPS one instead unless you are on a higher level elite or something.
  4. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Healing companions kinda blow tbph, their heals are so shitty and low its just better to burst whatever opposition down with a dps one like Vette asap instead.
  5. Offline

Bluff Community Member

6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

7. Offline

Bluff Community Member

8. Offline

Dragonay Community Member

I was thinking of going with this build:
    First tank build

It's gonna be the first time I actually play tank, played it a bit in Beta and quite liked it.
    Went a bit with vengeance as it has Unstoppable and I seem to use Force Charge a lot of times.

My initial build was full Immortal and slightly Vengeance.

But yea Vette has some sick DPS so might go allout Immortal and divide the rest

Any tips r welcome :)
  9. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

10. Offline

11. Offline

Verin Community Member

I don't really see what you're going for with that build. it seems to me that its a little of everything. Mind going through the idea behind it?

If its for pvp, you're leaving out 3 really strong CCs, to basically get 10% heal every time you can break CC.
    And if its for pve I don't really understand why you wouldn't go for chrushing blow and backhand. They look like strong tanking abilities, and backhand is even a stun.
  12. Offline

Verin Community Member

oh also updated my build to this:
    pve tanking

No clue how my pvp spec would look yet as I kinda need to give it a whirl ingame first.
  13. Offline

I was mostly aiming for Damage Absorption rather then Damage Dealing.

Focussing on getting Payback for healing and Unstoppable for a Leroy Jenkins.(which oddly enough I seem to do a lot). Also going for Sonic Barrier for the obvious reasons. I reviewed it now, and it seems a bit weird. But I'm not to familiar with the skills yet as I only played Beta once for a short while.

Here's a recap.
    version 2.0

However, I am reviewing the tank classes and skills and think I'd enjoy SA more then SJ