Jedi Consular gameplay

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Allstar, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

ah err, that was uhm a bit dull..
  3. Offline

Ave Community Member

looks not bad. any info about open beta or release date?
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

TAKE COVER, ANOTHER TOR THREAD.
    commence arguments and derailment in T minus 10 posts.
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

to be fair, almost all leaks we seen so far have been of sub-10 gameplay on the origin planet.
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Shit, you saw through my ruse! :omg:
  7. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Hupp. Hupp hupp hupp. Hupp.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This was one of the classes I wanted to play before I released the game was made of ass (other was smuggler). Have to say, low level consular gameplay looks like an angry medieval maid whacking people with a large rolling pin.

It's low level gameplay so its never going to be gripping content, but if you compare it to other games starter zones, its pretty boring. Warhammer had more interesting starter areas than this. I put it on a par with RIFT on "exciting low level gameplay" statistics.....

That's me not trolling btw....
  9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

That UI is rather blue...not really keen on SWTOR but I can see how it will get a lot of players due to the whole story and fanboys of the other Star wars movies/games.

Nothing really new and exciting at least not from what I can see.
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Wow new starting zones. Just saiyan'.
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

To be honest, if people want to post links fine, all the fanboys shouldn't bother posting and neither should anyone else. The content speaks for itself and the hardcore fans will still play, and everyone else should just move on. At this point posting more SWTOR links/info almost constitutes trolling .
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

It isn't neccesarily about discouraging/encouraging anyone, it's a discussion on the content/topic at hand with the interest of just talking about it. I'm not going to tell anyone to not play this game, because it might very well be great for many people, but I don't see why we can't be exited/sad about it.
  13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

It actually didnt look that bad, if this game comes out in a moment of weakness i might even give it a try.
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

Just put it this way and its the last i'm ever going to say on the subject. if you love single player Bioware games you are going to love this game. if you want more than that you may be disappointed in that you may have seen it all before.
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

he posted a clip, just comment the clip. Lets not start a whole discussion :p. The consular is probably using a training saber, those things are actually used like blunt weapons. She will get a proper lightsaber later on for sure. Anyway she deactivated a bunch of holograms, not exactly the most exciting thing.

Listen to Adagio as well.;)
  16. Offline

Saul Community Member

This..
    And This..
    I kind of CBA to comment any more, or post links, updates, etc, mainly due to exactly what Adagio stated. Imo those who will like SW:TOR are already looking forward to it and those that wont, are happy trolling. Since I don't work for Bioware and It's not my affair to convert people, I cba to comment on it any more. The only trolling I didt like was about how it looks, cause as the beta testers will no doubt tell people at some point, the game looks pretty damned fine.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I think if they marketed the game as an rpg with multiplayer elements, rather than a full on mmo, then I think it would have got a lot less hate.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  18. Offline

Saul Community Member

It's not though Aspira, It is a full on MMO, in the style of a Bioware RPG, the MMO aspects may lean heavily on existing MMO mechanics, but it is 100% an MMO. My last comment on the subject ever.....
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

£10 says it isn't. ^^

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  20. Offline

Saul Community Member

No because all i have to do is get in the beta. tell you so I can get access to the NDA section then Boom! I owe you a tenner..