January skin sale details

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

2. Offline

Trixeh Veteran BOON

im totally meh about the old skins...

Im interested in the 10 skin mega sale, hopefully we'll get some of the cooler, newer, skins on sale.
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

No Darius ones, and the shitty highlander viking Trynda one :(
  4. Offline

Trixeh Veteran BOON

well there isnt any legacy darius skins... but we dont know what skins will be the ones picked for the jan 11th sale. maybe bioforge darius will be on sale on jan 11th.
  5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Oh my God yes.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Some that have never been on sale before is what it said, so I would assume newer ones. Prob not Bioforge Darius though, maybe the shitty Lord Darius one if it hasn't been on sale before, probably has though, since its shit.
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Why is it shit? :/
  8. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

do skins make you better at pvp in LoL?
  9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes, confirmed already.
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

PvE in LoL is the ball!
  11. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

ghost nocturne is limited edition and not legacy so it's not available :(
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It just looks shitty. The classic skin for Darius I think is probably the best one, although the bioforge one is pretty damn cool.

You playing anything else other than Darius yet ?
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Yeah ofc, I tried Trynda abit as well, but a bit too "auto attacky" compared to Darius, it's like wait end game and proceed to click go afk and destroy everything. Was thinking I'd try Garen as well at some point if I get tired of D or T. ^^
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Garen is fun and if you like Darius you will like Garen.

If your focusing on playing bruisers and top laners, you should try Riven as she is on free to play for the next week. Her ultimate can be a bit clunky to use at times, but she is a really strong pick (unless they have a teemo).

Other champs you could try if your sticking to playing on the top lane are like Cho Gath, Mundo, Gangplank, Irelia, Jarvan IV, Jax, Jayce, Lee Sin, Malphite, Olaf, Pantheon, Renekton, Rumble, Singed, Udyr, Vladimir, Volibear, Xin Zhao. Some are better than others (strong vs. weak picks in general), some make better junglers than top laners, but all can be played top without people raging at you for troll picking. If anything, playing different characters will help you figure out all the skills quicker and make you a better Darius player because you know what all your opponents skills do because you have tried them before.

Make sure you play all the roles (top, mid, jungle, ad carry and support) because although you will like some roles and hate others (either because you find them boring or because you suck at certain roles) playing all the roles helps you learn the game faster and make you better at the role your most comfortable with because your overall game knowledge will be higher.

What level are you now anyway dude ? You grinding it or playing casual ?
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

All good tips, thanks. :) And yeah I am cashy-casual, think I'm 12 now or so, finally Flash time ^^
  16. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

About the learning the game. If you like watching streams I would really recommend to watch either tournaments or pro players who explain some stuff while playing (dont think there are like that in LoL tho).

As far as 'fun to play' picks go i would recommend you Irelia, Hecarim, Riven, Udyr and Jayce. All of them for top lane.

BTW. dunno why but you are the last person who i would think of playing moba lol
  17. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

This.
  18. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

irelia is my favourite champ for the enemy team to play top. only once out of tens of games have I lost to an irelia top by countering with renekton or darius.
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Funny you'd say that. I was playing quite a bit of Dota back even before WoW launch, as in 2003+ or so. And as far as the moba-genre goes, I did play GW2 now didn't I? :p Dota3 just has too much PvDoor for my taste, compared to LoL. ^^
  20. Offline

Tal The Architect

That Lord Darius skin just went on sale today btw