January Patch - New Orr temple exotics

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Xelendar, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

A list of the new GW2 Orr temple exotics with the Flame and Frost Prelude patch. Note that all these new exotics cost 42k karmaeach and must be unlocked by completing the temple event.
    Each temple has 4 new exotics, accessory, backpiece, amulet, and ring.
    [IMG]

Temple of Balthazar – Straits of Devastation
    • Cavalier’s Spineguard, Cavalier’s Ring, Cavalier’s Field Guide, Cavalier’s Amulet
    [IMG]
    Temple of Dwayna – Malchor’s Leap
    • Book of the Rabid Deeds, Rabid Amulet, Rabid Spineguard, Rabid Ring
    [IMG]
    Temple of Lyssa – Malchor’s Leap
    • Magi’s Field Guide, Magi’s Amulet, Magi’s Spineguard, Magi’s Ring
    [IMG]
    Temple of Melandru – Cursed Shores
    • Wayfarer’s Field Guide, Wayfarer’s Amulet, Wayfarer’s Spineguard, Wayfarer’s Ring
    [IMG]
    Temple of Grenth – Cursed Shores
    • Soldier’s Field Guide, Soldier’s Amulet, Soldier’s Spineguard, Soldier’s Ring
    [IMG]

Source
  2. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

I think im in love with the Soldier's field guide powe\toughness\vitality XD
  3. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

I think you should consider falling in love with Cavalier's <thing> instead. Necro needs no more vitality.
  4. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

Im playing my elementalist at the moment (Fiery Kat), but necro have the bigger vitality pool at the moment i think(not sure)
  5. Offline

oh, good news, if you're playing elementalist, power\toughness\crit dmg is also best for accessories! Vitality is for ppl that can't heal themselves too well or at least for other slots, toughness is for the win!
  6. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Just keep in mind: Thoughness mitigates Direct Damage, Vitality «mitigates» Condition Damage.
  7. Offline

Kharjas Community Member

256 Vitality is the different between cavaliers and soldiers (less power but more toughness also). If GW2 wiki is not wrong (1vit => 10 hp) means 2560 Hp against 18% more damage at crit. I will go with cavaliers
  8. Offline

Klecksi Veteran BOON

Vitality doesn't mitigate damage at all. It just creates a buffer but means more pressure on the healing support classes (compared to Touhgness).
  9. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

... hence «mitigates» being unde quotations. :p
  10. Offline

Condition removal mitigates conditions.
    Rumor has it that WvW itself mitigates conditions. :eek:
  11. Offline

Come to think of it, I would urge anyone (in a powerbuild) using berserker jewels or planning to get them to consider swapping to the Cavalier's version if they are satisfied with their crit chance. I assume everyone has heaps of karma from all the WvWing and Pow+Tou+Critdmg% is just awesome stat combination for WvW accys imo.
  12. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Hmm... I wonder if I dare to go Knight's armor with cavalier trinkets, gonna have a pretty low health pool with that :confused:
  13. Offline

Klecksi Veteran BOON

I think for guild wvw that's a bit too offensive if you play guardian, ele or thief because of their low base hp. While roaming I'm running exactly the same setup (knight + cavalier + berserker where cavalier was not possible).

Edit: Fixed minor warrior/ele mixup ^^
  14. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Reminder, this thread was opened in public forums.
  15. Offline

Klecksi Veteran BOON

Just move it to private then (pls) ^^
  16. Offline

I dunno what you guys are privately talking about, but I think the whole world should wear those stats, that's how much I <3 them.
  17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

So let me get this straight....
    I've spent hours of my life, i'll never get back, boring my arse off in PvE lands, to get a full set of PVT gear to match up with my clerics accessories.... now I have to get rid of all of it back to clerics gear to replace the accessories with Cavaliers?!!

Fuck that... guess I'll just be slightly less Crtitty and less squishy...
  18. Offline

Jinx Community Member

U r all wrong. This is how you should do it,take notes,please.

(indeed)
  19. Offline

Wait..what? The way I read it, that stuff is available for karma at Orr Temple vendors so all you would have to do is wait til the appropriate temple is available and just wp there, buy the stuff you want, wp back out, job done. Active WvWers should have loads of unused karmas (unless they already spammed it all on the new karmabox thing). :D Presumably the next few days and this weekend will be anyone's best bet of finding the temples readily unlocked (particularly that bugger Balthazar). Even if they're not unlocked, we now have guesting to do that job :D
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I want SOME clerics gear, ATM i have clerics accessories, so to get ptc instead of ptv I'd need to swap all my pvt gear for clerics then accessories from clerics to ptc.... Bit of a ball ache.