Interview with Eric Flannum

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Maskerad, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Not much new, but an overall great interview.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Best part of that video.....

Wolds vs. world PvP will be laddered so the best servers play against the best servers and the noobs play against the noobs. This means there will quite clearly be a ranking and a server can be seen as the "best server". Mmmmmm competition.
  3. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Oh God, I can take all gathering professions?

fml, that almost turned me into a full-time crafter in Aion :( (..it's still awesome)
  4. Offline

Mizou Community Member

how amazing
    i almost have a boner
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

matches in World vs World last 2 weeks :D

Fucking epic.
  6. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Yeah, I'm mostly looking forward to the 5v5 competetive scene though. Where GW1 tried hard it was just to early for e-sports, I think GW2 might be hitting just the perfect mark.
  7. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Indeed streaming was not very popular back then compared to how it is now.
    The observer system is working but for me it's lacking a lot of interesting information that would make things way more interesting for the observer.
    Gameplay though is absolutely amazing in GvG, hope there will be some kind of objective based modes like that in the competitive scene for interesting matches.

Hoping they get in some nicely working observing system so that the folks that are not as good as the elite crowd can get in and see how things play out.
    If it's good I think I will follow tournaments and watch interesting matches if they put in a similar system to what they currently got in Guild Wars.
  8. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

The problem with the observer system was that, even though it was amazing for the competitive scene, it was still an ingame feature, so it wasnt able to reach any more audiance than the people already playing the game.
    Being able to check yourself after the game and chat/comment with the people watching the "replay" was pretty cool.
    Damn i miss my GW crew :(
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

So who of your crew came up with your name in CAPS + s p a c e first? U N F I N I S H E D or F U R I E ?
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

It was the only way in GW to have one worded nicks, it was pretty common tbh.
    I even remember one guild that used to make words with the first letters in their nicks from the party layout, pretty fun shit.