Info: Steam will have soon Competitors (Origin)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sunshine, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Sunshine Veteran BOON

Hello Boons,

Steam Valve will soon have Game-Client Competitors.
    That mean New Top EA- Game will not maybe sell anymore in Steamstore like Battlefield 3, Star Wars. The Old Republic and other Games.

The New Competitors called "Origin" link:http://www.origin.com/nz/about
    And this Application is directly from EA-Games.

Greets Sunshine :)
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

yes and I hate them with a passion for doing that, fuck them honestly. Next up is Activision and Ubisoft, the other 2 terrible companies to follow. Games for Windows Live nr. 2, 3 and 4.

Makes you wonder why there is a PC at all, putting platforms on your platform..
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I will probably buy BF3 from a shop on disk. Fuck buying from Origin.
  4. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Couldnt agree more, Fuck EA whole heartedly
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

Why would you want anything other than Steam? Knowing EA its going to be a piss poor attempt with random messages appearing during games.
  6. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

fuck ea and this is old news.

and btw, blizzard doesnt sell games on steam either, you have to buy from their personal shop too :p
  7. Offline

Sunshine Veteran BOON

but the problem is u need to register by origin for Play the most of new EA Games like BF3 req. Origon .... for me n/C so much application on my pc.
    I Vote for Multiapplication :O
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Wait, you NEED an origin account to play BF3 ????

Just wow.
  9. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Ye we PC gamers get all the shit thrown at us.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Cuz we are better than console gamers. We need to have lots of hoops to jump through in the hope it slows us down.
  11. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

It sucks that some good games are limited because of the xbox360 hardware 8 gig space 500mb ram I believe?

Time for new console MICRO$OFT, and Sony I gues. :p
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Xbox360 and PC are to start sharing platform I heard. Like disks will work in both if you have an account with xbox360 or something like that. Will try and find source but need to afk for a bit.
  13. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

Not sure about BF3, but in the case of The Old Republic, it was confirmed you don't need to use origin at all if you buy it at retail.
  14. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

IF Ea forces us to use Origin in order to play BF3 then I wont.

There is no better way to prove to devs u dislike the product other then not buying it.
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

The only time you'll need to use origin is if you purchase a digital copy of an EA game, if you purchased a retail copy you all good :)
  16. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

il just buy the retails thne and put the shortcuts in steam.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Good.
    Ofc.
  18. Offline

Undeadmonkey Veteran BOON

I had to download it to get on the BF3 Alpha trial and its not too bad......
  19. Offline

Bluff Community Member

i could not order anything from it cuz i live in egypt, "Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ is not available in your region"

/sad panda
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I will be devastated if they require you to install it for BF3 regardless of where I get the copy from. The only reason I like the bloatware that is steam and use it regularly is because it's made by one of the finest indie development studios and Valve deserve my money.

EA can fuck right off if they think I'll accept their bloatware when I already have steam.