Imperial Agents - Discussion (Original)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gurtholfin, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

So I've been looking around the SWTOR site, in an effort of moving out of the "clueless fucks" category in the SW Roster thread. I've mostly narrowed down to Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent. At the minute the information on the site seems to be relatively sparse at best....so here's a few questions:

1) Should I be looking at other unofficial sites for skills and more information?

2) What's the deal with Snipers (which I'm toying on picking) ? Who could do anything in the game against a small number of snipers on a hill just timing snipes to insta kill players easily.

3) Noob question: do we have to aim FPS style in this game on ranged class skills?

4) So after you pick an AC... say Operative you then spec (similar to talents in Wow?) to the various roles 'Concealment' , 'Medic', 'Lethality' Is this a changeable thing?

5) Any ideas on how stealth works in SWTOR?

6) I'm concious of not having as much time to play this game as others, so may end up spending quite a bit of time "out of level range" with most others. Any thoughts on how IAs would be to play solo?

Ok have plenty more questions....but this is enough for now. Feel free to hijack the thread with some of your own.

Gurth
  2. Offline

Saul Community Member

Hi Mate..

1. Darth Hater is one of your best sites to go to http://darthhater.com/ or http://www.askajedi.com/ Also Betacake has leaked stuff and Gamebreakertv has a regular video podcast.

2. I played an Imp Agent at the uk press event earlier in the year and I liked them, I was toying between IA and Sith Assasin which Ive gone for. The sniper aspect is good damage, but the cover mechanic takes some getting used too and although combat is pretty slow paced in SWTOR I felt as an IA unless I was permanently in a position to setup prior to an encounter then I would get overrun by Melee and loose any advantage I had. IA do however have one of the best stories in the game.

3. Nope

4. Advanced classes can be respeced for a cost.

5. Stealth is pretty much the same as in WoW, including for SI a power boost to dmg when breaking out of stealth.

6. IA is pretty good solo, but so are all classes, dont forget your never really solo when you have companions.
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Moved out to the public forum where you'll probably get more traffic and discussion on your questions. :)
  4. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

1 - depends on if you want leaked info or not, I suggest the swtor reddit for tons of info, also alterswtor. otherwise DartHater is pretty decent.

2 - you can, IA is a class that really depends alot on situational awareness. if there is a ledge/balchony you can use, then do it. you wil not be the guy blindly rushing into things.

3 - no.

4 - you can respecc your talents within the AC, yes. ( AC changing is still up in the air atm)

5 - like any other game pretty much *shrug*

6 - IA's are great in solo PvE, especially since you more often than not have time to set up in the most optimal place and load up all your skills to more or less oneshot mobs. It's a great burst class, but if you are in a sustained fight you gotta play it smart and not overspend your energy.
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Talking about the Imperial Agent i can tell you this is probably the most interesting class in swtor. The sniper AC does a TON of damage at range and relies on combat for most part but getting in and out of cover has been made easier and there are huge advantages to it (like you cannot be charged while in cover etc) The sniper has amazing burst capabilitys.

The operative is probably the nr 1 melee dps in game right now, Yeah melee dps. Its a stealth class that gets close and destroys everyone. The damage is amazing. I see this class being the flavor of the month within 1-2 months

The Agent is like the hidden gem nobody wants to play but the class that is going to be owning face at release making everyone reroll to it lol. Not to mention the story is the best one so far. Who does not want to be James Bond =P
  6. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

The more I read the more I think that's the class I'm gonna try and have a go at :)
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Moved the derailed chunk of the thread to it's own discussion in the General Discussion forum, try to keep this one on track from now on :)
  8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

new IA progression up :

9. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

All i say is

[IMG]