I R Katiechops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katiechops, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

May as well talk about my gaming!

So what games have I played?

The first "serious" online game I played was a couple of games called Myth and Myth II some 10 years ago by a company called Bungie,, sound familiar,, they went on to make Halo.

Myth is where I first used my online game name "Katiechops" I was stuck for a name,, and my very young daughter was crawling under my chair/desk and DING! I call myself Katiechops, her nickname.

It suited for 2 simple reasons, 1. it would annoy the hell out of spotty teenage boys to think they are getting beat by a GIRL! omg,, and 2 the game involved armies of medieval fantasy races etc with lots of CHOPPING!

After a year of that, I fell into the world of online FPS, mainly Medal Of Honor Allied Assualt spent years playing the same maps over and over and over,, was awesome times our first real adventure into a online social community, where we would chill on vent, irc, forum and meet up for mainly drinking session and talking fun times.

Then came Lineage 2 my first MMO,, it was mean,, it was nasty, there was HATE! big battles, massive death and lots of bragging rights and taxing the peasent players and losers,, always a good feeling.

Had a great time there was in a great guild / Alliance did all the server firsts , taking the Capital town, killing the biggest raid bosses first etc was a great time,, however it was all in US time so many a battles took place at 3am or later.. my body clock has never recovered.

Played a couple of other MMOs, like Silkroad, Archlord etc but they couldn’t keep me.

The next 3 years was all about WoW, built up a guild from scratch that is still on the go and as strong as ever today,, always pushed all the content and currently farming all content in WoW atm.

The guild is called BOON Control on EN-Kazzak server and is a semi-hardcore guild, we don’t push for server first and for members to donate thier first born to us,, but we do push to clear everything in the game pre any nerfs, while keeping a strong community feel to the guild, which somehow we manage to keep going.

Played alot of Warhammer closed beta and we set up BOON Control there too, pretty much destroyed all before us, in pvp instances where BOON premades forums made forum QQ instantly, then onto RvR domination, however due to the broken end game mechanics and the release of WotLK BOON soon returned to WoW.

Seeing as BOON was a sucessful Naxx 40 man raiding legion, WotLK was cleared in few months.

The next big move was to Aion, being a Linegae 2 player I was excited at the prospect of seiging again, I got into closed beta and in little more than 5 mins of playing decided this was the next MMO to go for and that weekend we set up BOON Control for Aion Legion.

The BOON Aion Legion went on to be one of, if not the, most successful siege legions in Aion EU/NA, leading the Elyos to victory over the Telemachus, Caster and Spatolos Asmodians, dominating the RvR zones, PvP instances and world boss farming on there server. The legion was featured on issue #2 of the game publishers official e-magzine in their guild spotlight section.

Currently my plans are to bring BOON Control to Guild Wars 2 and have a blast there for a while...
  2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Welcome to BOON Control KC, I hope you enjoy your stay :p
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Argh Comma's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

Its angry scottish voice from vent <3333333333333333333333333 !!!
  5. Offline

Miyo Community Member

hellooo! :D
  6. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

To long didn't read!

Isn't that a copy paste from the aion magizine article? :p
  7. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

nice, that kinda makes you the MMO's William Wallace xD.
  8. Offline

Shoo Community Member

ahhh good old mohaa days where i could pwn ur scottisch skirt! :p
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Ola Shoo \o