I have been violated

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ledgendairy, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Ledgendairy Community Member

I feel empty, sad and violated....I just finished Mass effect 3, nuff said
  2. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

the bioware fanbois might hunt u
  3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

The person who said: "Its the journey that matters." is a dumbass.
  4. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

That would be this guy
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

u mad?
  6. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

dont worry friend, bioware will fix up a new mlp-ending for all the lil crying girls :)
  7. Offline

Thought ME 1 & 2 where brilliant and ME3 was as well up to the last mission in which more or less nothing I hade done previously mattered. Lol yes I'm a bit pissed and this vid kinda sums it all up

8. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

no decision in ME1 or ME2 ever really mattered. you saved the council or let em die? doesnt change anything but a few dialogue lines. wrex lived or died? only changes a few dialogue lines. half ur team died at ME2 end? doesnt matter, u will get equal replacements for the story in ME3.
    ppl thinkin anything they decided in any ME game ever really changed more than a few dialogues are delusional
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

wich is sad as bioware stated that choices would matter, its just DA2 all over again
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Nah in DA choices did not get carried over to the sequal really, in ME they did and it is sort of new in a game series that they added that option. Hopefully they learn from this and expand upon it in future franchises, because if you want choices to affect the course of a game you have to go for it 100%, and not make it feel insignificant at any point.

The only game where I think it is handled perfect from start to end is Fallout 2, the endings are dramatically different and equally satisfying, re-playability like no other. ME did it different, and went through several different game designs along the way. They did something new, but still did not go far enough for it. Perhaps one day, there will be another game where choices will really matter, it would separate games from books and movies, finally.

And aside from that I completely agree with Balmung, and add to it that you play a certain character in a game called Shepard no matter what and the game never had too many RP elements in it.

Still it is better then the one line mute responses you can give in Skyrim right? You ending up being guild leader of every single guild and you cannot even say "NO I DON'T WANT TO BE FUCKING LEADER OF YOUR STUPID GUILD!"

Now if Bioware and Bethesda made a baby...
  11. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

stop the dirty talkin ur making me wet...
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

is that german for "making me want to invade something/someone"?
  13. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

makes me wanna invade you! iykwim
  14. Offline

Your missing the point, the decisions in ME 1&2 where supposed to all play out in the end of ME 3, at least that's what we where promised and I wouldn't be whining about it if that wasn't the case. They could not allow for vastly different endings in ME 1&2 because they had planed sequels unlike 3. 3 was supposed to wrap it all up and not leave you with plot holes and questions.

Why the fuck would that stupid synthetic that created the reapers tell me that synthetics and organics could not make nice when I just proved the opposite with the geth and the quarians and with my part reaper AI EDI.

Where the fuck where all my war assets in the final battle? At least in ME 2 the last mission differed depending on your ships upgrades and what chars you had in the last missions and how you choose to give them different tasks.

Why the fuck was the Normandy in the middle of a mass effect jump?

Why the fuck where my team mates that more or less died on earth with joker on some stupid jungle planet?

So never mind that all the endings where more or less the same and that my decisions didn't have any real impact, what they at least could of managed was a multi colourd ending whith out all those stupid plot holes.

edit: Added spoiler tags for those that haven't finished the game yet!! ~Acina
  15. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

so what ur basically saying is you played all 3 ME games up until the last 10 minutes of ME3 knowing that none of ur decisions really made a difference so far, thinkin those last 10 minutes will be the recreation of the wheel? I dont think ive missed the point at all :D
  16. Offline

I think you did cuz that's not what I said lol :)
  17. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

asking BW to revolutionize PC video games with a game like mass effect
    is like
    asking Madonna to revolutionize Paganic Black Metal* using a MIDI sampler.

*paganic black metal