Hsulf's latest comp woe D:

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Hsulf, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Ook so I have a new issue!

Computer over the last week or so randomly just froze, not every day but sometimes after it's started in the morning. Music or sound starts cutting out then freeze. Restart and it goes away! Np.

Happened about 4 times now. Could be an unrelated issue to the below.

So it happens today, restart the comp and I have a error next to one of my 2 disks on start up. After going into the comp it says I have an error on one of my disks and RAID 0.

Fully aware back ups etc are needed after this. However, because I work and use the pc for it I CBA to go to PC world atm and get it fixed. Is there any way to check this was a one off or is this now a constant error?

I've been using it all morning with no probs. I have a second pc to use if it goes down so I'm thinking just use it till the drive stops working? Is there anything detrimental to doing this?

Also is there anyway of just resetting the RAID just to get the error off my screen and seeing if it was just a one off?

Thanks in advance to you lovely tech people.
  2. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

clearly hsulf is a jerkoff, best buy help
  3. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

4. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

less editing comments ya cunts
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Tone down the language please!
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

kettle black, etc... GL with getting serious answers and help about this Hsulfy. :timebomb:
  7. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I think one solution might be a fresh windows installation.
    If it doesn't help, your HDD are broken.
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Someone doesn't realise that only certain people can edit/moderate posts and one of those people ISN'T Hsulf!
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I DIDUNT KNOV HSULFY CUOLD M0D3R8 TEH FUROMZ, the plot thickens.
  10. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

a) Your sata cables might not be plugged properly.

b) Your ram might not be seated properly. Have you bumped your case while hoovering? I had the exact same issue before, turns out it all got fixed after i reseat my ram sticks.

c) Could always format, the problem might not be hardware.

That's all I can think of straight away.
  11. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

ye old take-everything-out-and-then-put-them-back-in solution.
    sadly my experience with Raids (get it?) is minimal mate so unless its a pure HDD prob cant help much.
  12. Offline

River Community Member

could it be overheating?
    i would watch temperature of GPU, CPU, HDD, etc. (using Everest or smth)

the disk error could be caused by the freezes, but check disk should fix it if thats the case
  13. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

ahh sata it could be - on one of the many restarts of today trying to figure it out it did come up with sata 1 ok, sata 2 ok, sata 3 ok, sata 4...... and it froze on that.

Tbh i'm crap at anything computer orientated i.e taking stuff out and putting it back in. But I'll have a look if it doesnt go away. River which check disk program should I use?
  14. Offline

River Community Member

the standard windows tool - it fixes file system errors, but you should fix the freezing first...
  15. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

I told the drive it didn't have an error and set is back to normal. After a few restarts had no probs. Good ole' mind games fixed it....for now.

Appreciate the helpful responses.
  16. Offline

Screenager Community Member

right oh if it happens again need to know what raid you are running in 0 or 1 or 5

and what mdoel of drives you have :)

jsut ncase
  17. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Do some fresh windows install anyway.
    Your pc will like it. And all the dirty program and file mess will be gone.
    Make sure you make a backup of your games and files.

I reinstall windows every 3 months or so. :D