How to : Setup Lineage II GoD - Euro Servers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Omnipresent, Dec 2, 2011.

Welcome to the BOON Control Community!
You're currently viewing our site as a guest user. or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions - as well as removing advertisements!

1. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Basically the new Lineage II GoD EU servers are ran by Innova. Their gaming platform is 4Game, so downloading the official NCsoft launcher is not necessary. What you will need to do it is follow these simple steps:

Visit : http://www.lineage2.eu/en/

Click :
    [IMG]

Follow the links and download :
    [IMG]

Once installed you will see an icon in your task bar, displaying that it is downloading L2GodEU :
    [IMG]

and also at : https://eu.4game.com/lineage2#lineage2/install/

[IMG]

I suggest following this method as Innova is not connected with NCsoft and you will require 4Game to play on the new EU servers. Ill edit this thread once I have finished installing. Thanks

If you get a Hostname Error Do the Following :
    1. Start --> Run --> %WINDIR%\System32\drivers\etc
    2. Open the hosts file with notepad.
    3. Write in the end of the file the following line: 109.105.153.10 geo.l2.eu
    4. Check correct time and date in the system.
    5. Restart your computer and try to log in to the game.
  2. Offline

Angelo Community Member

What happens if you already have L2 installed, it isn't recognizing that I have it installed...
  3. Online

Tvar Warcraft Officer

Re-do it!
  4. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Ofc it isn't recognized, because EU version is published by a different company, jeez, why does everyone think that NCWest client should work with Innovas...

BTW... It's only a PTS in EU for now = character wipe by the end of next week.
  5. Offline

@Angelo I suggest deleting your version of Lineage II before you run my step by step guide. Its better to do a fresh install as it is a different publisher. Let me know how you get on.
  6. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes I will thanks.
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I have reports from friends of mine sayin that the US servers have a pretty good ping... just sayin.
  8. Offline

Mightn't be a bad idea Specter as I keep getting this damn "Cannot Resolve Hostname" error when I run Ionna/4Game launcher. With very little support in English, the last four hours of my life have been a nightmare. Setting up Korean Tera was easier than this shet.
  9. Offline

Gekido Community Member

most of the ppl are getting that problem, their launcher is broken somehow. Well they started testing only a few hours ago so lets not get ahead of ourselves, they've said that they're looking into the problem on the forums.
  10. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I played th US server the first night and there is indeed NP playing L2 there, I did for years, the problem is the seige times and the peak times (ie the best fun in the game) are between midnight and 6am.. the only EU server over there is 5 years old and full of maxed out toons that can basicly destroy you for the next 2 years.... before you even have a chance :p

I have my Eu running fine its only a PTS atm which is going to get wiped, now you can make lvl 85 toons on it with a billion adena to explore and test, dunno when release is but its pretty good fun, even if 0-40 was golden age of L2 and a good 4 months play has been compressed into 4 hours running about questing.. /sniff,, but at 40 its supposed to turn back into l2, its likely to get everyone back to seige / raid boss levels ASAP then set them loose again.
  11. Offline

Angelo Community Member

12. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I dunno how long thier testing is going to be for but I reackon offical servers will go up very soon.
  13. Offline

Yeah I managed to login and I was 85 and all gear/skills, was lols.

Can't wait for the wipe though.
  14. Offline

Gekido Community Member

They said that testing is going to be over sometime next week, then they're going to send bug report to NCSoft and then launch... so my guess - 2 weeks :)
  15. Online

Tvar Warcraft Officer

I know what I'll be doing in 2 weeks sadly -.-
  16. Offline

Gekido Community Member

After testing high lvl content in L2EU PTS, i'm even considering to skip swtor, if not entirely then atleast until Feb or so..

EDIT: Apparently i was wrong - L2EU is launching December 7th: https://forum.4game.com/showthread.php?t=502
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Offline

Ðrakon Community Member

you guys thinking about creating a clan there?
  18. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Depends on the ppl willing to play I guess, but considering that BOON is now going for swtor, i wouldn't put much hope into that :D
  19. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I was planning to make a small clan to start off with and monitor the server and merge to guild into a bigger guild for those who want to keep playign it longer term.

But its all timing if they don't put up the offical servers int eh next couple of days then there is no point, I am pissed tbh I would have loved to have taken BOON to this the past 12 months,, but now they clash with another bigger new mmo so its fucked.
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Timing of all MMO's is just fucking terrible :(

Think I made a good call leaving and stacking up single player games just for this summer, think I'll do the same again for next summer :)