How to RP! (trolling)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Hsulf, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Guys, it's time to RP! And I'm a little bored before work, so please use this helpful guide when RP'ing. Especially in Ilum.

Taken from the Swtor webby, the best bits.

1) Get a role playing outfit! It is fun, and immediately gives a lot more depth to your character than if you walk around in your raiding gear. You can even have different outfits for different occasions, or just for the pleasure to change yourself often.

2) Use Emotes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3) Interact with the world. Everything in game is made to be used. Use chairs, benches, and trees. Use your imagination to make the world more alive. Do not hesitate to speak or salute a NPC. Yes, it will not always answer, but it makes the world more alive.

4) Don't be shy! It's not always easy to find a good reason to start roleplay (Eespecially with Revz...). There is some little tricks however, to get the attention of possible roleplayers arround you.
    -Talk to yourself aloud, or to your companion : that will show that you are roleplaying and may encourage other roleplayer to come to you
    -Bump into someone, and excuse yourself : that's generaly a simple and good trick to start interact with other players. You don't need two pages background to justify to bump into someone. It's easy, and anyone can participate.

5) If your regular RP partner is busy, strike up a conversation with a complete stranger or someone you've never RP'd with before.

I think this should be stickied.

Taken from Swtor forums source http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1571509.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16177
  2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Approved. RPing is also highly recommended for say- and/or general/pvp chat, or even whispers, as response to whiny bitches in WZs. :smug:
  3. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

general chat is offlimit for us tho especially when it comes to trolling
  4. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm a serious roleplayer when it comes to that.
  5. Offline

Lurch Community Member

I thought we were allowed to troll in General chat just not on the forums? Cos if we aint then KC's boot must be rapidly approaching my arse already :eek:
  6. Offline

Torkee Community Member

Remember roleplaying GM in AoC? (GM was cybering with players, LOL).
  7. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

lol hsulf, you are right, me and you should roleplay more! especially in Wz, when we are on the opposite teams :)
  8. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Yes!

I see Asta and killer have been using this guide well. They role play every night on their duo twilek assassins!

I tried the bumping into someone thing in a wz, didn't work that well :(
  9. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

me and killa have it going on, our twins are RP'ing up a storm.

I did try RP'ing with some republic on my BH in the middle of a warzone, i started off a typical evil genius speech where i declare my evil intentions and unveil my plan, but by the time I was done with the first sentence I was on 20% hp and they didn't seem interested in responding.

On the alts front: playing a warzone with 2 level 12 assassins and stealthing up behind some level 40 and both ganking him together is epic funs.
  10. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

:( how rude :(
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Tip, go to your ship, type out a few useful rp things in /s
    Go to wz, type /ops then return
    Then press return and then the up arrow to scroll through previous messages.
    ???
    Profit.
  12. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

[IMG]
  13. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

love this post..!

Think we should add some more tips and tricks for other RP'ers out there!