How not to screw up my char?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gurtholfin, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Haven't had too much time to look into this game in advance (and in some regards haven't wanted to "spoil" the game for myself by researching too much). However, I do of course want the best character I can create in the long run regardless.

So here's a short question:

"What do I need to do so as not to fuck up my char permanently or make it difficult for him?"

I guess this would include professions and talents, companions and the major choices, alignment etc. Anything major to watch out for. Would also welcome a suggested talent build with some indication of the order in which to take them. I will become a stat/build nerd in time, just haven't done it yet! Normally, I'm the long post numbers guy so thought I'd sit back on this one for now :)

Gurth
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Not those discussions again :rolleyes:
  3. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

professions and companions don't really need to be worried about - you can't get rid of or lose companions and professions can be changed like you could on WoW.

I don't think Alignment has a major effect apart from some of the gear you can get, someone will probably come along and correct me though.

As for talents, not a clue - I've not touched the Operative side of the IA.
  4. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

How about just run along until you grasp the game and proper theorycrafting appears, then respeccing/reproffing?

Edit: Not to sound harsh, but it's what I'll do. I'l worry about min-maxing when I'm level 50 and enjoy the game with an open mind until then.
  5. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Well that's the plan pretty much.... just don't want to do something irreversible. For example, choosing Operative is a decision I make that I can't change. I wanted to check if there are other decisions I should be aware of.

In Wow you could change professions, but it was often far easier to choose correctly at the start as you needed to lvl up the skills in the lower level areas. So when you changed, you ended up, for example, having to go look for basic ores etc. at higher level. It was much easier to pick appropriately at the time. Of course, like you say, you didn't have the benefits of the theorycrafting at that stage.
  6. Offline

Saul Community Member

What are looking for in Operative Gurth?? thats the first question..
  7. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

I guess to be the best healer I can be. But also to enjoy leveling up and to pair with others and go killing some republic scum. Nothing much more than that.
  8. Offline

Saul Community Member

So how does a stealthy, healer with Uber melee dps, and reasonable ranged DPS sound??