Hey guys, The server may be funding Terrorism.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Last week Spud noticed that the link I used to set up the subscriptions for the server was unavailable. So i decided to see why the paypal was locked. At first it asked for some proof of address so i sent my Drivers license to settle any dispute who owned the account. This morning I received this e-mail.

Please provide a copy of each of the following:

-A current utility bill. The bill must show your name and address exactly
    as they appear in your PayPal account.

-Your driver's license or passport. Please make the copy as large and as
    light as possible.

-Explanation as to why the attempted access from Iran was made and by whom

-Substantiation that your account is not held for the benefit of a person
    or organization in Iran.

So if my house gets stormed by Mi5 operatives and i am unable to get my computer over the next few days.

I blame Aspira.

That is all.
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

What? That's insane.
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

-Explanation as to why the attempted access from Iran was made and by whom

-Substantiation that your account is not held for the benefit of a person
    or organization in Iran.

Wait, so, uh, does this mean that someone tried to access the server from iran to take out money from it? Does it mean that they succeeded?

Or does it mean that someone tried but failed (lol) or put in money (even more lol)?
  4. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

this = terrorism, ofc.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Not exactly what I expected to read this morning.

Pretty insane dude, have they like hacked our paypal and taken our server fund or something ?
  6. Offline

Tal The Architect

It's against the law in the USA though....

7. Offline

Tal The Architect

it does say attempted, but one would hope that some guy in Iran testing out a login and failing doesn't count as something sufficient enough to block your account...
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

adagio, if you go to Guantanamo, can I have your stuff ?
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

If I go to Guantanamo, I'm gonna break like a little girl and take half of you with me.
  10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

beware the cockmeatsandwich
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Best Movie Ever.
  12. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

If BOON Control did terrorism..

We're going to blow up the internet.
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Patents..
  14. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Woah, and I thought I had a problem with paypal when they just requested the first two.

Soo.. are you guys actually doing terrorism or not? It's hard to tell now
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I've seen more and more filesharing services and other sites stopping their support for Paypal, I can see why. Time to get a credit card I suppose...
  16. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

i removed all my info's from paypal now :eek:
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Katiechops is moving into IRL WvWvW.
  18. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

That's awesome. This thread was a great read, I hope it gets resolved though, good luck!:giggle:
  19. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

Allah damn you adagio, I knew it was not a good idea to fund our TERRORISM acts againt the CAPITALIST scum threw Paypal...
    I am gonna have to ask you to eat the cyanide pill i gave you.

See you soon brother!
  20. Offline

adagio Moderator

Postcard from Guantanamo Bay

Hey Guys, arrived late last night. Havent slept much as its been manic since I arrived. Journey was a nightmare but a safe one. America still has too many flight marshalls on planes. Two to each passenger on the plane I was on. No in flight movie and the sleeping mask I was given was way to big but kepted out the light. Baggage Handlers lost my luggage :eek:(as usually) Locals were able to give me some orange overalls for the time being. I look great.

Not happy at having to share a room but room-mate is nice even if he has issues with personal space. Haven't seen much of the sea yet but plenty of sand around so it must be near. locals seem obsessed with washing my face in cold water while asking questions about my foreign friends. Never knew sweden had so many fans in America.

Tomorrows itinerary looks full. A meet and greet with a pain therapist. more waterboarding??? outside activities for an hour or two. later in the week a local said we would be swimming with the fishes, so snorkling is on the cards. Still best start to a holiday ever.

toodle pip

Adagio