Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Domain, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

Hey.

Any1 here plays this game? i'm having some crazy ideas.

if you play, post your IGN here, so we can play toguether.

mine is Dowayn. I'll be creating/joining a chat called "BOON Control" just for the fun of it.
  2. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Why not play LoL? :p bored of it? I've not played HoN in aaaaaaaaaaages
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I play HoN with friends when i have some free time :)

IGN: blackspear80
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

he prefers hon... i told him over and over that LoL is better, but he is stubborn :)
  5. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

hmm LOL isnt better tho :p Im not saying HoN is better than LoL either :D
  6. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

LIES!!!!
  7. Offline

Loving LoL atm, playing WW and Garen and raping with like 15-0 scores :D

So much fun when the loading screen appears or in ranked games when they have 4 squishies :)
  8. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

i dunno, started playing HoN earlier. has better graphics, better gameplay, runs smoothly and you dont have to unlock heroes and and you dont have to pay for skins. But in the end its just a HoN vs LoL thing ;P
  9. Offline

its good that you have to unlock heroes though, gives you something to aim for :p
  10. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Same goes for runes, it gives the game another kind of longevity... But domain doesn't understand that, he's a hero-hopper :p
  11. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

well, yes i understand that ppl might want to unlock stuff, and that the runes can be a funny thing, but its way more fun to not be binded by runes and heroes you dont yet have, to have the joy (lol) to use random modes, picking random heroes, being able to deny both creeps and heroes, being able to juke ppl in the jungle, to have tps with you, to have a chicken/courier, power ups without neutrals included, to have eyes/doonbringer that drop into the ground when you die. all those things make HoN/dota a much more unique game then LoL. But again, its just a point of view i guess xD

[EDIT] to have a portal key,tablet of command and even kuldras sheepstick, give the game a bonus.
  12. Offline

not being able to deny creeps sucks indeed, but thats only down side imo
  13. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

To have summoner spells, to have runes and masteries that make your builds different than the others, to have tall grass to juke opponents, to have neutral buffs that you need to control to gain advantage, to have real tanks, to NOT have a ridiculously long range blink, to have a game that is much more friendly to comebacks than DotA, a much better item progression system for both casters, dpsers and tanks, to have a much more skillshot based heroes... This is what i believe makes LoL a much more unique game.

Deny is one of the game mechanics, its not what defines the game... For example, not having the deny mechanic, actually makes for the laning phase to be much different than in HoN... You can still deny XP by overpowering the lane and zoning the opponent out of XP range...

Like always, there are good things and bad things... like in every game... I have a lot of HoN games and DotA games and more than 1000 LoL games (counting the beta, etc). I have an informed opinion about both games and i really think that although HoN is much better prepared for e-sports support, LoL is just more fun to play overall, and thats why i play it... i don't have an e-sports team, nor i really want to get into one... so why waste time on HoN when i can get a similiar game type that is actually more fun to play?
  14. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

not true anymore, for casters: there are items that give an advantage in spell dmg, like spellshards, and items that give disabling effects or even turn your dmg into magic, these allow alot of chances to progress, be it in heavy nukers like tb/pyro or ws or heavy attack dmg like puppet and dr. tanks need an idol and a demonic breastplate or even a splinter mail, or just raw hp and hp regen like behemoths heart and sacrificial stone. there are alot of options. although in my opinion strict tank builds are worthless in pvp, unless your hero is already the full package of the dps king or the disabler/opener master. the dpsers never had problems in either HoN or DotA. i do understand the atck and ability power stuff, but teh atributes way also has its pros. be it in str,intel or agility.

the point is, you cant rly do that effectivelly. imagine there is a balance between creep waves, each wave destoyes the other one. so if you last hit the enemy creeps, your wave moves accordingly to the diference in dmg. but if you can deny, you can keep the point where the creeps meet at your own will, so it will never, or very slowly move near the tower, because you cant zone an enemy while your creeps are at his tower! so no, you cant control a lane decently on LoL, if you keep yourself near the edge of the xp range, when possible, and wait at your tower for stuff to happen, then you are ok, even with the worst against the best. you get some money, not as much, but still some, and you are rdy to cope after the laning phase gets over.

And dont make it sound like its easy to customize freely in LoL, coz to unlock all the stuff for that you would need alot (and alot) of work/games done.

but yeah it is as we all say, its about tastes, ofc arguments can be done, but in the end its about that.

i've decided that im going to apply for the ESL HoN major series. Things are still a bit unclear about with whom exactly, although i seem to have gotten in a "sponsored" clan, but dont know much about details, and in the end, it sounds like a funny thing to do. Let the coaching begin :p.
  15. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

LOL = more casual, lower learning curve and easier to master.
    HoN = hardcore, much harsher community and very very hard to master.

I have played both but HoN wins out in the long run, ppl who try HoN might be discouraged due to the harsh community and the lack of "easy" heros.

In Hon spells have much longer CD so if you do use a spell it has more impact but is crucial to be used at the correct time. LoL is more spam friendly.

I guess it all boils down to what you fancy as a player. I do however state that skills are much harder to obtain in HoN.
  16. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

although its mainly my fault ... yet again... lets try to keep this on topic, which is, IGNs to play HoN. :p