Help with the annoying yellow messages

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Elevown, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Elevown Community Member

Hiyas, Just started playing K-r a few days ago - loving it so far :)

But one realy annoying thing i can't figure out- how do you disable the pop up messages?

The line is yellow and starts with an exlamation mark in a shield - i think they might be tips- they appear on the main view a bit above the hotkeys- like every 2 mintues.. its totaly annoying!

Also, to a lesser extent, the big skull in a pair of wings thing that pops up middle top of screen- that i think is telling you what guild owns this area - is very annoying if you are running in and out of town alot doing quests- do you realy need to see that a hundred times a day?

I've searched all the options and read alot of info online and had no luck turning off either - can anyone help?

Updated - figured it out :)

There is a bit of the new UI that isnt in any of the old translations- in options, on the first tab- its the 2nd section with just 2 tick boxes:-

도움말 설정 - (section heading) = Help settings

도움말 보기 - View help - untick this one.

간략 팁 보기 - View holiday? (quick?) tips? - couldnt quite get this - untick too?

Just in case anyone else is after this info. & thanks for answering.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The popup your talking about is the help popups.

There is an option in the menus to disable help popups, but I cant remember where it is.

Sure there is a guide somewhere on our forum that shows a translated options menu.
  3. Offline

Elevown Community Member

I've looked at the translated options both here and on other sites and see no mention of help pop ups :(

I was fairly sure thats what they were - just cant get rid of them :( any idea which tab its in or what else its near?
    Ive even just tried clicking random stuff off with no luck..
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

5. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

They changed the options menu's in a recent patch so I don't know where it is anymore. :( (sorry for the super late reply..)
    Next time I go in game I can experiment with it or ask my Korean friend about it though.

On a side note: GOD DAMN IT I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED OUT ON ARCHEAGE.......................